Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2471 (Baby shoes)

Reviewed by:kkkkaty

About kkkkatystarstarstar
UT USA
Member since: 12/7/05
Posted on:1/18/10 7:41 PM
Last Updated:1/18/10 8:18 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Baby clothes

Other Projects by kkkkaty using this Pattern

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Hamarasekera said... (11/13/14 8:48 PM) Reply
I just struggled with style F. Everything went smoothly until step 12. 'With right sides together pin sole lining to sole'. Huh? Your description is much more explanatory- which I eventually figured out as you describe- sandwich the boogie between the sole and the sole lining. Wish I had read yours first instead of wasting so much time. Thank you.
Jgmyers said... (11/10/13 10:04 PM) Reply
Thanks for leading the way on figuring out the booties.
chika85 said... (4/13/12 7:38 AM) Reply
Thank you for the bootie sandwich tip. I was trying to figure it out and found your review!
knickgirl said... (2/20/12 3:57 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the bootie sandwich! I couldn't figure it out and did a search. Thank goodness I found your review. I was about to toss the whole shoe :)
justigirl said... (1/27/12 1:34 AM) Reply
Thank you for the detailed explanation on the "bootie sandwich." I have been searching all over the internet to figure out that part of the step. This is my first attempt at making shoes of any sort and I could not wrap my mind around how I was supposed to put right sides together without getting the back stuck in the middle. I think I get it now and they should be done soon. By the way, it only took me about an hour to make the first one (and I had to tear out a few seams and rethread my sewing machine a couple of times). I consider that a pretty "quick" project personally. Maybe if I get the hang of this, the next pair or two will go faster.
AMABishop said... (10/12/11 11:29 AM) Reply
Thanks for writing this review. I wish I had read it while I was sewing this pattern rather than when I was ready to review it! I had the exact same problem misinterpreting the direction regarding sewing the sole.
Sew tell me said... (3/6/11 1:43 AM) Reply
I am making these (View D) for my baby girl so thank you for this review, hopefully I can avoid at least one or two problems.
Annibanani said... (8/4/10 4:05 AM) Reply
OK ... I just googled and found this site ... because I'm working on this pattern now and it's driving me nuts! I'm working on View D, the bootie sandwich thing took me forever to figure out too (that's where I'm at now). Hope mine turns out as well as yours did. I've already had to take apart and realign a few parts--so hard to line up all those layers correctly! I do think the pattern could've used twice as many illustrations. Very confusing how 1 illustration covers 2 instructions, you can't really tell what it's showing you is part of the first step or the second (hard to explain), though I finally did understand--should've been easier. Thanks for the review!
kkkkaty said... (2/6/10 12:35 PM) Reply
Larisa, I don't think this is a quick sew, unfortunately, but they are cute. The second pair I made I accidentally reversed the strap, so it fastened towards the instep instead of the outside of the foot, and I decided they were unwearable so threw them out. So, be careful at that pt in the instructions....
Larisa said... (2/4/10 7:28 PM) Reply
Thanks for this! I was debating about getting this pattern to increase the bootie options that I want to sell at fair. I think it needs more consideration after your review because I want things that go together quick and easy, not things that I'll be cursing a blue streak over...lol. Thanks again..sorry they were frustrating, but your version turned out *so* cute!
Nancy Rhodes said... (1/19/10 8:04 AM) Reply
Excellently detailed informative review... mood and all! Cute Cute Cute... very lucky babies in your circle of friends and family... thanks for sharing!
busymomof3 said... (1/18/10 8:08 PM) Reply
Very cute! Have lots of friend and family babies on the way. Thanks for the review.
Morisot said... (1/18/10 7:56 PM) Reply
They are cute. LOL at the "creating a bootie sandwich" -- it certainly is nicely descriptive.

by: Jstarr4250