Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Urban T-Shirt & Pants (Urban T-Shirt & Pants)

Reviewed by:DorothyK

About DorothyKstarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 3/13/06
Posted on:2/1/10 0:36 AM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants

8dove8 said... (8/16/13 10:13 PM) Reply
Saw your u-tube video...nice info and it'll be very helpful when I start this pattern in about 2 weeks...it's nice to read a review and see photos...but the video is an added bonus...thanks for this...
susiestitcher said... (4/6/10 5:51 PM) Reply
DorothyK, I just found your review and I love this top. You did a fantastic job with the diagonal stripes. That is so hard to get right and you nailed it. I also enjoyed watching your video. How neat to have a voice that goes with your picture. Great review!
Terri K said... (3/30/10 11:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful Dorothy and I really enjoyed your video and narration. Thank you.
mhoutz said... (3/14/10 7:37 PM) Reply
How great to have a "matching" video! Thanks, Dorothy K!
Leslie Bonner said... (2/26/10 5:49 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top - very striking!
magoe6217 said... (2/9/10 8:02 AM) Reply
You have really raised the bar on PR reviews with your wonderful video. Love the use of the diagonal stripe and the perfect matching of the stripes on the pocket with the top. Looks terrific on you. I just finished three versions which I will be posting soon but without the beautiful orange tree in the background as we are totally snowed in here on the east coast with more to come tomorrow.
sheila in Missouri said... (2/8/10 8:01 PM) Reply
Excellent video! A very good teaching method. Beautiful top with excellent review. Thanks, sheila in MO
sfshaza said... (2/3/10 3:13 PM) Reply
This is great, Dorothy! I love it on you! I hope you come to the next PenWAG. ;)
kws said... (2/2/10 5:23 PM) Reply
You did a wonderful job with the stripes. It looks great on you.
Mary Ann said... (2/2/10 12:33 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top on you!!! Perfect marriage of pattern and fabric. Thanks for the great review and companion video. Guess this pattern needs to move nearer the top of the "to sew" pile.
Karine said... (2/2/10 8:57 AM) Reply
Great top - great fabric for this pattern. I love the background oranges in the tree!
sew2little said... (2/1/10 4:52 PM) Reply
You're going to think I'm a terrible copycat, but I do want to use this pattern for some stripe in my stash. At least it's not the same fabric (although it's green too). Great looking top and a very helpful review!
lmg said... (2/1/10 1:06 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I want one.
MarshaG. said... (2/1/10 12:06 PM) Reply
Great review, and the video is a wonderful companion. I've been considering this pattern for awhile; I just might give in! Marsha in NH
carolynw said... (2/1/10 11:42 AM) Reply
It issuper fantastic in a stripe and I love the way you played around with it to get that bias look for the pocket. Another beautiful piece for your closet and a super review - thanks so much for the video
Barbara3 said... (2/1/10 11:17 AM) Reply
Great review and the video is such a nice extra. The Urban T looks beautifully made and is a perfect and flattering fit on you. Thanks for sharing!
Barbara V said... (2/1/10 9:59 AM) Reply
Dorothy, what a fabulous looking top! The fabric with pattern provides such a stylish statement and the fit is perfect. Your review including video allows for much more detail to be shared. Great job.
marthamyers said... (2/1/10 9:37 AM) Reply
Thank you for the detailed review, great still pictures and video. What a treat! I made this in a solid slinky which also works pretty well, but I love your version and the way you utilized the stripes. Thanks for sharing.
AnneMarie60 said... (2/1/10 9:16 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! Thanks so much for shooting the helpful video. Viewers discern so much more from a video versus a static photograph! I adore SW patterns. I have a couple of their patterns, but I haven't made up either yet. I really want this one after seeing your top.
Rebecca D said... (2/1/10 8:51 AM) Reply
The top is fantastic and thanks for the video. Your reviews are always so helpful and the video is a great bonus. I hope you will continue to do them.
Nancy K said... (2/1/10 8:26 AM) Reply
Gorgeous t shirt. I really like that it is just a little different and quite chic on you. I've been eying this on their site and I may be convinced to actually buy another pattern.
Vibekeinyork said... (2/1/10 5:58 AM) Reply
Excellent video! Very informative.
FreyaStark said... (2/1/10 4:47 AM) Reply
A striking and distinctive garment, and it looks fabulous on you. Well done.
davin said... (2/1/10 3:03 AM) Reply
Excellent review & video. You're changing my mind about this pattern; somehow I shy away from SW because they seem odd, but they grow on you!
Ann Smith said... (2/1/10 2:17 AM) Reply
I love it. The stripe is just right for this and in your colors too. The video is delightful. Now you have combined your love of movie making with your sewing. Perfect!
Sew4Fun said... (2/1/10 1:09 AM) Reply
Fabulous top and I love the video! Thanks for going to the extra effort of making it. I must check out this pattern as it's much more fitted than I imagined from the line drawing.

Lutterloh OOP Lutterloh Sup175 #267

by: Lagolden2

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

Sewing Workshop Oasis Skirt Pattern