Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3503 (knee length V neck knit dress)

Reviewed by:French.Seam

About French.Seamstarstarstar
NA UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 12/10/07

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:2/8/10 8:40 AM
Last Updated:2/8/10 8:44 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear

Other Projects by French.Seam using this Pattern

Diane E said... (2/18/10 10:57 AM) Reply
Very pretty fabric -- so sorry the dress didn't work out for you. It looks great in the photo, but if it doesn't feel good, it just isn't right.
French.Seam said... (2/13/10 1:21 AM) Reply
Thanks for the positive comments, but I will never wear it - I've put it on eBay (I can't clutter up my house with unworn clothes)
heatherst said... (2/9/10 10:09 PM) Reply
I think that this is avey pretty dress.
French.Seam said... (2/9/10 5:34 AM) Reply
thanks for the comments: the extended shoulder is nice. I really had to take a LOT of photos to find one that didn't make me look 6 months pregnant
FreyaStark said... (2/8/10 2:58 PM) Reply
I think it looks pretty good!
JanieBee said... (2/8/10 10:59 AM) Reply
In spite of all your fitting issues, the dress looks really pretty. The extended shoulder balances it out.
ladybegood said... (2/8/10 10:56 AM) Reply
I just made view F of this dress and had the same problem with the unflattering skirt. I knew there was a reason I never wore empire dresses! I had to do that same staggered-leg red carpet pose to get a flattering picture, but you can't walk around like that all day! Still, I think v-neck bodice that you did is flattering enough to try to find a better skirt option. I may just lengthen the band to the waist to get more of an hour glass shape.
crazygrad said... (2/8/10 10:37 AM) Reply
I think it looks good on you in the pic. But if you're not comfortable in it, I hope you can reuse the fabric for something else. It really looks like a nice fabric for the right project!
lamstu said... (2/8/10 9:00 AM) Reply
I love your fabric and I thought the dress looked quite pretty, then I read the review. You could probably cut a skirt that you might wear more often. Thanks for the review!

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns