Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2009-115 (Coat)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:2/4/10 4:49 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 20 people

Leslie Bonner said... (2/12/10 7:45 PM) Reply
That coat is fantastic, so unique and the intense color just makes it more so.
Baltosew said... (2/6/10 12:38 PM) Reply
Wonderful job and the green is really fabulous! Take those compliments seriously. Thanks for the informative review.
OP Gal said... (2/5/10 9:26 PM) Reply
When you think you can't stand wearing that color, just lay down until the feeling goes away. That green is amazing, and you look fabulous in your coat. The lining is super cool, the scarf is stylish and the seam detailing is marvelous, making the whole coat fabulous.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/5/10 12:50 PM) Reply
Oh, Ann, I did the "close your eyes" test--when I opened up, I first saw YOU and then the "green coat"!! FUN!! STUNNING!! L-O-V-E the lining!! ;)
lbrundage said... (2/5/10 11:52 AM) Reply
Oh, Ann, it's just fabulous on you! Such a perfect color for a coat!
digs57 said... (2/5/10 10:44 AM) Reply
Looks great! I love cheerful colours in winter outerwear. I got the same bathrobe comment from my son, so I had a good laugh at that. Your lining is TDF.
becca a said... (2/5/10 7:46 AM) Reply
I love your coat! I think the scarf detail is fun and flattering. I can see not wanting to wear this color every day with everything, but I hope you do wear it because the color is cheerful and looks great on you. Thanks for the great review with reminders of important steps glossed over by Burda.
Rebecca D said... (2/5/10 6:26 AM) Reply
It's a great statement coat, fits your style very well and I hope you will feel like wearing it after it 'marinates' a little.
FreyaStark said... (2/5/10 1:17 AM) Reply
It's fabulous and it looks good on you, so I hope you come around to the colour.
DorothyK said... (2/4/10 11:39 PM) Reply
The coat is really quite spectacular - color and all. I love the seams and lining. The coat looks really good on you. I think Sewing for Fun's suggestion about a pin is a good one about adding a pin of some sort. It would take some attention away from the green, if that's what bothers you.
sewing for fun said... (2/4/10 11:25 PM) Reply
Well, I LOVE that green! Yes, it is intense, but very pretty and definitely striking. I might put an accent pin of a different coordinating color (maybe a fabric flower) on the shoulder or scarf area.
VtMartha said... (2/4/10 8:27 PM) Reply
I think it's spectacular and I love the color!
AnneMarie60 said... (2/4/10 8:13 PM) Reply
It's a showstopper! I love all elements of your coat. Lovely as can be!
Nancy K said... (2/4/10 7:40 PM) Reply
Great coat even if you aren't sure about the color. Good tip about narrowing the collar. Silk charmeuse that looks like an animal print? It's fabulous.
marjenann said... (2/4/10 6:09 PM) Reply
I love everything about this coat! The fabric, color and design. You sewing is impeccable too. Just a really super looking coat.
ssssdeb said... (2/4/10 6:07 PM) Reply
Very attractive coat! I hope the color grows on you because you look smashing!
Enid E said... (2/4/10 6:06 PM) Reply
I love the lines of your coat. The length and collar reduction was a good choice, as was the lining fabric....and the color looks wonderful on you! Nice work, as usual...
petro said... (2/4/10 5:51 PM) Reply
I love the colour on you, and the scarf collar.
Barbara V said... (2/4/10 5:49 PM) Reply
I love it! Great accent color and very Jackie O lines. Ideal lining too. Perfect for brightening up these winter days. The decision on reduction of collar width was good as the proportions look right.

Other Inspired by the Movies