Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:Annette Wright

About Annette Wrightstarstarstar
Member since: 10/22/08

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:2/10/10 6:47 PM
Last Updated:2/10/10 6:58 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 28 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Annette Wright said... (2/17/10 8:57 AM) Reply
Thanks McDonna, I'll fix that error. The non-stretch jeans are the ones with the waistband on the bias.
Mc Donna said... (2/16/10 8:14 PM) Reply
Nicely done! I recently bought this pattern as well as the 1% stretch denim from Joanns. At $2.50/yd I couldn't resist, though I'll use as a muslin. One portion of your excellent review has me a small bit confused: "The waistband on the stretch pair is on the crossgrain, non interfaced and done like the Rocketboy tutorial which is really awesome, btw. The stretch waistband is on the bias, and interfaced, no quilters cotton facing on it, just a facing on the bottom edge." I'm confused because 2 stretch waistbands are noted but with different grain layouts. Is it me (could be!) or would you clarify this? Thanks so much for the detail regarding sizing and fabrics.
Elemenopeo said... (2/14/10 10:30 AM) Reply
Very nice!
JanyceR said... (2/13/10 8:58 AM) Reply
Thank you for this great review, along with wonderful photos. You have inspired me to try this pattern!
elinorina said... (2/12/10 4:58 PM) Reply
Great review; very helpful, particularly about grading up for a large waist (!). Thanks!
cindyann said... (2/11/10 10:11 AM) Reply
Great reveiw. Thanks.
Jane S said... (2/11/10 9:07 AM) Reply
What a fantastic fit and great looking pockets. It's so helpful to hear your non-stretch and stretch experience. Since you made my size, just shorter, any chance I can get you to try a long version:-) Just joking. Your work is inspiring me to tackle the pair of Burda jeans that I'm almost happy with after my 2nd muslin.
carolynw said... (2/11/10 8:58 AM) Reply
Great fit - both look terrific on you!
Rhoda K said... (2/11/10 8:37 AM) Reply
Very nice jeans and a wonderful review. Thanks.
clgangi said... (2/11/10 7:38 AM) Reply
Those fit great! Thank you so much for posting the review, and your size. I'm about the same size as you, and now that I see how FANTASTIC these jeans look on you, I'm inspired to make some for myself!
Rebecca D said... (2/11/10 6:47 AM) Reply
I think both versions look great and the fit is fantastic.
yorkshire lass said... (2/11/10 3:44 AM) Reply
Wow, they both came out superb. Well done, they look fabulous. Thanks for a very, very helpful review. Your topstitching is superb by the way.
novicesewist said... (2/11/10 0:48 AM) Reply
Wow! You did a great job. They fit great & look terrific!
Nan Kay said... (2/10/10 10:37 PM) Reply
I haven't made jeans in more than a few years, but yours make me want to give it a new try. Guess I need another Jalie pattern! Super top stitching.
crazygrad said... (2/10/10 10:14 PM) Reply
They look great! And if I may- your butt looks great in them!
Amy-may said... (2/10/10 10:06 PM) Reply
Love 'em! I said never, but all the fabulous results on the "home made" jeans is contagious - can't wait for my pattern to arrive!
sewing for fun said... (2/10/10 9:43 PM) Reply
Your sewing work is perfectly beautiful, as always. Thanks so much for the detailed, excellent photos, fitting techniques and tips. I will follow your guidelines when I get to sewing this one, I am a similar shape.
jannw said... (2/10/10 9:43 PM) Reply
very impressive..love your topstitching
Deepika said... (2/10/10 8:57 PM) Reply
Wow, the fit of your jeans is amazing. Great review.
RadarRadiance said... (2/10/10 8:04 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, great fit and top stitching. Nice to see different versions done and stating sizes to help us (who have this pattern on the to do list) a better idea for sizes. They look great.
Enid E said... (2/10/10 7:51 PM) Reply
Wow! What nice work and fit! Your top stitching is tops. Good review too....
Dru said... (2/10/10 7:03 PM) Reply
You really did a good job on these, the fit is perfect. Love your topstitching.

by: Kendrasews...