Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2009-114B (Plaid Jacket)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:2/7/10 4:46 PM

poppyq said... (10/4/10 5:20 PM) Reply
You are so inspiring to me!
stayfay said... (3/12/10 9:04 AM) Reply
Very nice, Kay. I saw this jacket in person and the workmanship is excellent. Fay
LindsayT said... (2/11/10 4:13 PM) Reply
Wow! This is too fabulous. Well done.
Mahler said... (2/10/10 9:56 PM) Reply
This is the most amazing plaid jacket I have virtually seen (I cannot wait to see it in real) in my life. I read your blog, your review, comment on Facebook and still I am so much amazed. This is out of this world. You are my idol in sewing.
yummymummy38 said... (2/10/10 6:11 AM) Reply
it looks amazing! I believe there is a matching little girl version of this in an 2009 issue...
Beek said... (2/8/10 5:34 PM) Reply
Perfection!
Ach said... (2/8/10 4:18 PM) Reply
OMG that is BEAUTIFUL!!! Standing ovation to you!!!!!
Pinkytoo said... (2/8/10 2:05 PM) Reply
Kay, I need more info! I have been struggling with this @#$% jacket since NOVEMBER, I have taken it apart and redone every piece of it at least 4 times and am just now finishing the horribly-drafted sleeves...or is it just me? HELP!!!
persevering said... (2/8/10 9:57 AM) Reply
BRAVO! What a FABULOUS jacket and what an inspiring and informative review and blog! Thank you for sharing your impressive skills and giving us the pleasure of seeing your work in detail.
Janie Viers said... (2/8/10 9:44 AM) Reply
Awe and wonder! I worship at the press you steam at. WOW is understating how georgous it is.. fabric choice and sewing pressing! Love it.
kerrynw said... (2/8/10 9:08 AM) Reply
WOW! Fantastic jacket. The pattern match is perfect and such a beautiful fit.
Woolygal said... (2/8/10 8:55 AM) Reply
Absolute perfection.
Catbird said... (2/8/10 8:51 AM) Reply
Kay, this is dazzling. And the review is like a complete sewing course! Your careful tailoring and obviously deep well of patience produced amazing results. I haven't read everything on the blog yet (but I will), but I wonder if you planned to have the wide darker band precisely at your waist, where it slims the silhouette even more (what am I saying, of course you did!) You look very beautiful in your spectacular jacket!
MsMaryO said... (2/8/10 8:25 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for the brilliant photos. I really appreciate the sleeve cap pics. Your jacket is magnificent. And you are one of those rare women that look fabulous in orange!
Mary W said... (2/8/10 8:14 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket.
susiestitcher said... (2/8/10 7:26 AM) Reply
I love your jacket. My favorite parts are the way the matching plaids really makes the jacket special and the way you handled the diagonal bound buttonholes. Amazing! It looks smashing on you! What great workmanship you have.
Danvillegirl said... (2/8/10 5:33 AM) Reply
WOW! I love this jacket. Fantastic job with the plaids. It looks great on you!
SpinningJenny said... (2/8/10 5:23 AM) Reply
Stunning! I have been following the construction on your blog Kay, and learning so much along the way. Love the cut, the fabric and the superb execution... oh, and your clothing label;) Hope you enjoy wearing it for many years to come.
sugarduck said... (2/8/10 4:05 AM) Reply
This jacket is AMAZING in every way!! All the work that went into matching plaid was completely worth it; the result looks so luxurious. As a beginner, this totally inspires me to keep chugging along on my "easy" garments, with the hope of one day completing a project like this!
Barbara V said... (2/8/10 0:32 AM) Reply
What a fabulous and wonderful jacket and very informative review. You look great in it! Super job!
Liana said... (2/8/10 0:26 AM) Reply
Unbelievably fabulous! You look great, and very pleased, which you should be. Great job!!
cabinbaby said... (2/8/10 0:15 AM) Reply
WOW! That jacket is fantastic! I can't believe your plaid matching abilities.
MichelleE said... (2/8/10 0:15 AM) Reply
You did an absolutely fabulous job on this! I just finished working on a plaid vest and I know the difficulty in getting everthing to match up. Wonderful jacket!
DorothyK said... (2/7/10 11:23 PM) Reply
Amazing!. What a fantastic jacket. You did a great job.
QuiltersFan said... (2/7/10 11:01 PM) Reply
Terrific review and amazing jacket. Thanks.
Elke said... (2/7/10 9:19 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket and perfect plaid matching!
Laurasews said... (2/7/10 8:53 PM) Reply
You are my new idol. Perfect match on the plaid. As always, another great project.
Twinset said... (2/7/10 8:23 PM) Reply
Wow, this is just BRILLIANT! I can only imagine how many hours it takes to achieve such precise and perfect results. Truly inspiring. Enjoy your amazing jacket!!!
Nancy K said... (2/7/10 8:14 PM) Reply
Fantastic! What a great jacket and it looks wonderful on you.
Sandil said... (2/7/10 8:08 PM) Reply
Fantastic as usual... you did a wonderful job!!! YOu should really consider offering courses... I'd love to take one from you. Sandra
KarmenG said... (2/7/10 8:06 PM) Reply
oops duplicate post
KarmenG said... (2/7/10 8:06 PM) Reply
Perfecto! Just gorgeous and you look so pretty in it. The colors really suit you. Thanks for all the tips....this review is an education!
kathigarn said... (2/7/10 7:32 PM) Reply
Oh, I just love this. Orange happens to be my favorite color AND I adore plaid. You have managed to find an orange plaid and make a cute jacket. I have never before felt jealous of something another has made because I always figure I could make it also, but I must say I am jealous of this jacket!!
Annette1 said... (2/7/10 7:16 PM) Reply
Absolutely PERFECT, Kay. I so enjoy your reviews, which are just the MOST helpful every single step of the way. Thank you! The jacket is BEAUTIFUL, and what a plaid to have to match, too!
RLL said... (2/7/10 6:57 PM) Reply
As digs57 said....gush-worthy. Yea, I'll agree with that! I'm gushing and gushing. Wow is that some fine looking jacket you have.
jent said... (2/7/10 6:15 PM) Reply
Thank you, thank you for making and reviewing this beautiful jacket! I have dreamed of sewing it - maybe I'll try it now that I have your review for assistance. Gorgeous!
librarylady said... (2/7/10 6:13 PM) Reply
Wow! In my next life maybe... It's beautiful. I'm in awe of your skills.
Linda G said... (2/7/10 6:11 PM) Reply
I have following your blog on this beautiful jacket. You did a perfect job. It is stunning.
Christas said... (2/7/10 6:09 PM) Reply
This is an excellent review..... so many goodies to glean and try in my own sewing. I have been following the progress of your jacket on your blog. I love the end result..... so perfect. I also love the ORANGE plaid!
nellc said... (2/7/10 5:58 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! Your plaid matching is perfect. Thanks for including so many useful details in your review.
RadarRadiance said... (2/7/10 5:51 PM) Reply
Every little detail is beautiful! Thank you for such a great review and detailed pictures. I enjoyed it very much and humbles me :) !!!
Ripple Dandelion said... (2/7/10 5:45 PM) Reply
Gasp--your jacket takes my breath away. The color, the fit, the tailoring, the plaid, the overall gorgeousness. Love it!
digs57 said... (2/7/10 5:35 PM) Reply
It's truly gush-worthy! I'm dazzled! Living proof that good things are worth waiting for. I want to see it in action, btw, sunglasses at the ready.
okie2thdoc said... (2/7/10 5:26 PM) Reply
Impressive! You are much more patient than me to have done this jacket in plaid. Wear it with pride it is fabulous/
Maree P said... (2/7/10 5:24 PM) Reply
Kay - your jacket is in a word, fabulous. I have been planning to make this jacket ... your review provides a mine of advice and hints ...thanks so much for taking the trouble to do it... it will really help this inexperienced tailor.
Gecko said... (2/7/10 5:23 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
Birgitte said... (2/7/10 5:17 PM) Reply
Superb! And- it looks fantastic on you! I bet you'll be wearing it a lot.
CarolynGM said... (2/7/10 5:17 PM) Reply
Amazing job of matching plaid! What a clever idea to draw the plaid lines right on the pattern pieces for the welts. As always, your jacket is impeccably tailored (thanks for those details) and fits you perfectly.
marjenann said... (2/7/10 5:14 PM) Reply
Another incredible fashion piece. Total artistry!!!
amy in mpls said... (2/7/10 5:12 PM) Reply
Perfection! amazing! Gorgeous! Thanks for your thorough review, very well done!
Second Avenue said... (2/7/10 5:08 PM) Reply
Hello Kay, Oh my gosh, that blazer is fantastic! You must be so proud! The matching of plaids, the tailoring, the fitting - all superbly accomplished. Your jacket looks better than the model in Burda. Congratulations! Cheers, Gaylene (Second Avenue) P.S. I'm really hoping to get to the PR weekend in Montreal. G.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/7/10 5:03 PM) Reply
Tee! Hee!! I get to be the FIRST to say, "WOW!! What a great project!! This jacket is POW POOF on ya!!"

More Knits