Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 8255 (Men's shirt)

Reviewed by:Peter in NYC

About Peter in NYCstarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/9/09
Posted on:2/9/10 11:35 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Vesta Patterns

Sewing Patterns: Upcycling

coda said... (3/22/10 1:58 AM) Reply
Looks fabulous! Love the idea of upcycling the sheet. Wish I had someone to sew it for.
LizzM26 said... (2/20/10 9:04 AM) Reply
Definetely. you need to wear this at San Juan if you want to wear it now. You get me sonspired to start sewing my spring and summer wardrobe. You are amazing!
nitty the kitty said... (2/11/10 1:16 AM) Reply
I love the fabric. Being from Texas, I think you could put pearl snaps on it. I LOVE your blog too! I look forward to it everyday.
OP Gal said... (2/10/10 11:19 PM) Reply
A groovy 70's shirt from a thrown away sheet. Who knew? Great job.
petro said... (2/10/10 1:41 PM) Reply
Great choice of sheet!
Nancy K said... (2/10/10 11:23 AM) Reply
Cool shirt. Very groovy
colorkitten said... (2/10/10 10:39 AM) Reply
Ooh, I think sewliz has got it -- I was trying to image that as a two-tone shirt and I kept thinking it looked western for some reason! I wonder how PRINCE seams would look on a dress shirt?
Sewliz said... (2/10/10 8:46 AM) Reply
Total groovieness, love your shirt! I'm getting a flashback of a time of western wear influence and wonder if that's what inspired the prince seams in this pattern? Look at the pants in the pattern illustration, those "western pockets" I think they were called. And try the one piece collar and stand thing sometime, you might be pleasantly surprised if the draft is good.
Woolygal said... (2/10/10 7:48 AM) Reply
Peter, no doubt about it, you are fun to have on board.
Kayseri said... (2/10/10 4:15 AM) Reply
Very fun shirt. The close fitting 70's style looks great on you. Maybe you should try the hip huggers too :)
TracyB said... (2/9/10 10:39 PM) Reply
Looks so good on you! Peter, the best sewing adventure writer there is, publishes another hit.
Peter in NYC said... (2/9/10 9:52 PM) Reply
Kay, at first I read that as you love my buns! That would have been my preference but glad you enjoy the puns, too. Prince seams...I like that. Thanks for all the kind comments everybody!
Kay Romo said... (2/9/10 9:04 PM) Reply
I love all your puns!
Nancy Rhodes said... (2/9/10 8:59 PM) Reply
Those are PRINCE seams ....
moonchild61 said... (2/9/10 7:13 PM) Reply
FreyaStark said... (2/9/10 5:24 PM) Reply
It's lovely. Well done.
colorkitten said... (2/9/10 3:54 PM) Reply
Stellar! And just in time for the blizzard, too! I really do love the (ahem) side front sections. I hope you make this up in more version!
RLL said... (2/9/10 3:24 PM) Reply
Well, my first thought at seeing the photo in the gallery was.....guess he is getting ready for spring, now if it would just get here. This is another fine looking shirt and yes, you are ready for spring, or at least a tropical vacation.
Opals Passions said... (2/9/10 2:57 PM) Reply
Nice outfit..
busymomof3 said... (2/9/10 2:48 PM) Reply
You sheet shirt is a perfect fit!
Aixoise said... (2/9/10 2:26 PM) Reply
This shirt looks great on you. You're built for this style (to the envy of many) and the flower pattern is so 70's - love it. Great review - enjoyed shooting the sheet with you.
BettyMike said... (2/9/10 1:38 PM) Reply
Peter, I love your shirt. I have been looking for a pattern very much like this for my husband. Thanks for you wonderful reviews!
puddypaws said... (2/9/10 1:33 PM) Reply
Great review as usual but I wanna see you in those groovy pants next. LOL
Twinset said... (2/9/10 12:56 PM) Reply
Grrrrooooovy, baby! Love it with the white pants!
mssewcrazy said... (2/9/10 12:54 PM) Reply
I posted on your blog. I love your shirt. This sheet thing is so much fun. I was always hesitant spending a lot to sew up pjs or a lounging around caftan but don't mind sacrificing an oddball sheet for the cause. Now those nice 70's printed sheets that show up in thrifts when grandmas linen closet gets donated are looking stylish once again.
kkkkaty said... (2/9/10 11:43 AM) Reply