Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Liberty (Liberty Shirt)

Reviewed by:blue mooney

About blue mooneystarstarstar
Member since: 12/21/02
Posted on:2/12/10 10:28 AM
Last Updated:2/12/10 10:44 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
waltzqueen said... (2/24/10 10:54 AM) Reply
Really really pretty top and beatifully made. Damask was in inspired choice for this pattern, and is NOT just for tablecloths! Gee, if I had one without the collar I'd trade you - I need stand-ups for my chicken neck LOL
Terri K said... (2/19/10 3:00 PM) Reply
What a beautiful job you did with this jacket! I'm just catching up on reviews and wow! Super details. Thanks for the review and photos.
DorothyK said... (2/14/10 11:25 AM) Reply
Fabulous! I love the hemstitching, especially on the linen fabric. This is one of my favorite patterns. I wear mine very often. I'm sure you will enjoy your version.
Meggie LuLu said... (2/14/10 0:28 AM) Reply
Oooooo!!! This is SOOOOOO PRETTY!!! I LOVE the special stitching!!! =D
Christas said... (2/14/10 0:00 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous blouse! The hemstitching is such a beautiful detail. I have always wanted to try that stitch. Your blouse is wonderful inspiration for me!
marthamyers said... (2/13/10 9:15 PM) Reply
Great fabric for a fabulous pattern. I think this is one of the SW's best patterns. It is really very versatile as you say in your last paragraph. Nice work!
mm said... (2/13/10 7:43 PM) Reply
You have inspired me to finish the one I am making at the moment. I am up to the buttonholes.
katie lynne said... (2/13/10 5:21 PM) Reply
What a neat rendition of this pattern. I think your choice of fabric is divine. Très cool!
fryman said... (2/13/10 9:44 AM) Reply
apparently this pattern came with a very generous designer ease and for some of us, it is really helpful but on others well. . .like yourself you cut a M instead of your usual XL Lucky you that your skills are up to these changes. Your top is beautiful. I know you will enjoy all the compliments.
BettyMike said... (2/13/10 8:51 AM) Reply
Beautiful shirt. The hemstitching is such a nice detail. Great job Robyn!
Nancy Rhodes said... (2/13/10 8:35 AM) Reply
What a fascinating detail... beautiful shirt in a clever pattern. So well done! Bravo!
Danvillegirl said... (2/13/10 7:55 AM) Reply
Very nice! Lovely fabric and works well with this pattern.
carnelian said... (2/12/10 9:53 PM) Reply
The combination of the textures of your fabric and your hem-stitching is gorgeous.
blue mooney said... (2/12/10 9:47 PM) Reply
Thank you all - The hemstitching is just one of the selections on my very basic Janome machine. They refer to it as a "smocking" stitch, and recommend using the satin stitch foot and a wing needle to make the holes.
Passion4Sewing said... (2/12/10 6:50 PM) Reply
Very nice top. I love the top-stitching!
FreyaStark said... (2/12/10 4:48 PM) Reply
A very distinctive shirt. The fabric is lovely, and the topstitching is most impressive.
Peggy L said... (2/12/10 3:42 PM) Reply
Love it! It really turned out great and I love the hemstitching. Glad you got these at the Quilt Show:)
Karendee said... (2/12/10 3:16 PM) Reply
I was going to ask the same question as Red Curtain. The skirt is absolutely gorgeous ; the fabric, style, and stitching are all beautiful. You have inspired me to make this pattern.
Red Curtain said... (2/12/10 2:08 PM) Reply
Lovely. What type of foot or special stitch do you use to do the hemstitching? It looks fabulous.
Aixoise said... (2/12/10 1:52 PM) Reply
The hemstitching is a beautiful touch. Lovely shirt.
Fran S said... (2/12/10 1:03 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous! It's my favorite Sewing Workshop pattern -- I've made it a couple of times. I love the hemstitch -- definitely not a tablecloth!
SueV said... (2/12/10 12:09 PM) Reply
really nice, love your fabric and the hemstitching.... thanks for the review
Patti B said... (2/12/10 10:40 AM) Reply
Gorgeous. I love the hemstitching detail. This is on my to-sew list, perhaps this spring.

The Technique of Underlining Garments