Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Urban T-Shirt & Pants (Urban T-Shirt & Pants)

Reviewed by:magoe6217

Last Updated:2/16/10 11:29 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
magoe6217 said... (3/24/10 8:47 AM) Reply
HI Susan, So nice to hear from you. I cut all the pieces out on straight of grain including the pocket piece following the straight of grain line marked on the pattern. This brings the top of the pocket out on the cross grain which I think is more interesting than just matching the stripes all the way across. If you try the shortened neckband method let me know if you like it. When you finish your top I hope you will post it. Would love to see it. I'm sure it will be terrific. Mary
DorothyK said... (3/23/10 5:43 PM) Reply
I don't know how I missed this review. I love your experiments with color blocking. All versions are terrific, including the striped ones. You will enjoy this pattern many times over.
mmemagpie said... (3/21/10 10:01 PM) Reply
Mary, Great to hear from you! It's a coincidence I'm sure, but I have just bought this pattern and cut out the top in a black and natural striped knit. I hope it looks half as good as your black-and-brown version--the scale of the stripes is about the same. Did you simply cut everything out on straight grain or did you vary the grain on the pocket? I like Connie's suggestion of cutting the neckband short. Thanks again. Susan Bliss
Leslie Bonner said... (2/26/10 5:43 PM) Reply
I prefer the blue stripe on the sleeve. Love the brown and black stripe but they are all great.
Harriet Rogers said... (2/14/10 7:24 PM) Reply
Mary: all three tops are great, and I do like the color blocking on the sleeve better than the plain blue sleeve (which, I'm sure you'll remember was my initial suggestion). This pattern is definitely on my list for a spring top: hope mine comes out half as good as yours!
Karendee said... (2/14/10 4:12 PM) Reply
These tops are quite an inspiration and I NOW will certainly purchase this pattern.
Fran G said... (2/14/10 7:28 AM) Reply
Your tees are very cool! Creative and sophisticated!
Mushywear said... (2/14/10 0:49 AM) Reply
I really like your blue and white version. I just bought this pattern and feel more confident trying it out now.
marthamyers said... (2/13/10 9:26 PM) Reply
Great result - especially the one with the artsy stripe on the sleeve. Very creative. I think that the collar on this pattern is intended to stand away from the neck. Other SW patterns have kind-of funky necklines too. I believe it is part of her signature style. But I like the way you finished it too. Very clever.
Patti B said... (2/13/10 9:09 PM) Reply
Love them all. Thanks for sharing your lovely tops. The neckband puzzles me a bit as it seems it would be a bit floppy.
Leslie Bonner said... (2/13/10 8:46 PM) Reply
Love all three of your shirts and the color blocked one is exceptional!
marciae said... (2/13/10 7:00 PM) Reply
Excellent review - good suggestions about the neckline - thanks. Your T's look great.
Terri K said... (2/13/10 4:49 PM) Reply
Wow, you have been productive in the snowstorm! Thank you so much for this great review and sharing three fabulous interpretations of this top that is so flattering on you. I've been fretting about the neckline so I appreciate the tips on the neckline and the one for adding the snap!

StyleArc Felicity Blouse

by: A Beginner...

BurdaStyle Magazine 05-2013-101

by: slmstyle

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Chloe Handbag Paper Pattern