Pattern Reviews> Decades of Style> 5003

Posted on:2/12/10 10:08 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

Other Projects by JillyBe using this Pattern

marthamyers said... (12/1/11 11:19 PM) Reply
What a great blouse, Jilly. I would have never guessed you had returned to sewing so recently. I love your style choices.
Sue Parrott said... (6/2/11 10:03 PM) Reply
I love what you did with this blouse. The fabric is perfect! Is this pattern still available on thier site? Just wondering as I'd love to make it!
marec said... (5/6/10 4:22 PM) Reply
What a beautiful blouse. Another pattern I'll have to get ;-) Thanks for a great review.
Time4me said... (3/11/10 6:43 PM) Reply
I missed this review! What a beautiful blouse. So vintage and lovely.
3HoursPast said... (3/2/10 7:12 AM) Reply
Wonderful review, and I am so deeee-lighted to see a picture of this blouse finished. I have to get my mitts on the pattern.
Clareew said... (2/14/10 11:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse, well done for a comeback project. I loved your review and feel the advice about leaving the pleats until last is excellent.
JillyBe said... (2/13/10 10:45 PM) Reply
Thank you for the encouraging comments, everyone :). I can't wait to wear it - right now it's too darned cold to go out in public in anything other than long sleeves (preferably multiple layers), but soon.......
katie lynne said... (2/13/10 5:14 PM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse. You've done a lovely job of recreating the vintage aspect with your fabric and buttons. I'll bet you feel like a diva in it!
Beek said... (2/13/10 4:11 PM) Reply
What a great vintaage blouse. I love the fabric, too.
Jolet said... (2/13/10 8:18 AM) Reply
I love this very very much. What a style and such a result after so many years of not sewing! I think you'll receive a lot of compliments about this blouse!
Ann Smith said... (2/13/10 1:52 AM) Reply
Really pretty blouse. Great job, lovely fabric. Thanks for reminding me about this pattern which awaits me in my stash.
Ann Smith said... (2/13/10 1:48 AM) Reply
JillyBe said... (2/12/10 11:02 PM) Reply
Thank you Peggy :) Marsha that's exactly what I was thinking regarding inset sleeves, but I'm also concerned about the potential for a bunchy, unflattering look of of a one/w/the/bodice sleeve too, so thanks for the Eva Dress suggestion! I'll keep my eyes open for a morphable pattern. The bow on that Claire McCardell dress is pretty scary; it would be nice to find a pattern I could use on its own, too (or something cheap enough to justify buying it just for the sleeve....yeah, I'm frugal lol)
MarshaG. said... (2/12/10 10:27 PM) Reply
Jilly - great blouse, especially when you haven't sewn for many years! I have this pattern, though I haven't made it many patterns, and so little time! I also would like to have an option for a longer sleeve, and to that end, purchased a dress pattern from Eva Dress - the 1957 Claire McCardell dress, which has a sleeve cut in one with the bodice, and a seam down the length of the sleeve. I think, with a muslin or two to "morph" the two pattens together, a longer sleeve would be possible......I like set-in sleeves, but I don't think they would look right with the rest of the blouse.
Peggy said... (2/12/10 10:12 PM) Reply