Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 6681 (Mens jumpsuit (adapted))

Reviewed by:Peter in NYC

About Peter in NYCstarstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 6/9/09
Posted on:2/18/10 6:17 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

TracyB said... (2/26/10 11:41 PM) Reply
How creative you are, carrying adaptations to the most wondrous lengths. Also, now we can see where you got your big smile!
Kemish said... (2/20/10 6:07 PM) Reply
Great review. I always loved sewing for my Mom (who didn't know to sew). She wore everything I made for her (not all at the same time) and she did 'gush' to all her friends that I had made it. After she passed away, I found in her closet every single piece of clothing I ever made for her. Nothing makes sewing so wonderful as when you can share it with family and friends and who better than Mom. Keep up the great sewing and your blog, too. Always looking forward to reading about your next project.
Peter in NYC said... (2/20/10 1:46 AM) Reply
Thanks for the comments, everyone, and the support!
bananaoil said... (2/19/10 9:42 PM) Reply
That you could look at that pattern envelope___ and stop laughing long enough to sew____ I am impressed.
FreyaStark said... (2/19/10 5:38 PM) Reply
It's ingenious to have seen such possibilities in a pattern with very origins but you've done a great job of adapting it. It looks great on her, and I think she'll wear it a lot.
RLL said... (2/19/10 2:02 PM) Reply
Nice adaption of the pattern. Looks great on Mom. As someone who does not gush myself....she does really appreciate it and will brag about it behind your back.
Nurse Jane said... (2/19/10 11:00 AM) Reply
Peter- I always look for your reviews first because they always bring an early morning smile to my face if not outright laughter--- you set me up for the day! But today I have to ask, is your mother related to mine? Li'l miss muffett is right on, that's exactly what they do. My best to you. Jane
Kay Y said... (2/19/10 10:11 AM) Reply
Your observations about the low neckline and how flattering it is are right on. Good on you to see the potential for a conservative woman's jacket in this pattern.
OP Gal said... (2/19/10 9:46 AM) Reply
Your adaptation of this pattern for your mother is amazing. Kudos for your creativity.
li'l miss muffett said... (2/19/10 9:18 AM) Reply
I bet she went home and told her friends all about it and gushed to THEM. My 72 yr old Mother-in-Law is the same way. She won't gush to your face but she'll tell everyone ELSE how much she loves it! The jacket turned out great, btw!
donna mel said... (2/19/10 8:37 AM) Reply
those moms...hard to please, huh. your jacket, on her, is great. its a perfect fit, not to mention cozy and warm.
Sigrid. said... (2/19/10 3:20 AM) Reply
Very creative use of the pattern, well done. I'm sure your mum does appreciate your work, though she might not say it loud.
Christas said... (2/18/10 8:46 PM) Reply
How creative! I can't believe how much you changed this pattern. Your mom looks so cute in her jacket!
jilly cooper said... (2/18/10 8:39 PM) Reply
very creative!!!
newmama said... (2/18/10 7:48 PM) Reply
Your mother is adorable! And that's such a great idea, to make a coat from that pattern :)
DaisyEsq said... (2/18/10 7:12 PM) Reply
Your mom should be very proud of you. The jacket looks great!
no7262 said... (2/18/10 7:07 PM) Reply
She is cute! I am sure that she loves it! Nora :)
colorkitten said... (2/18/10 7:00 PM) Reply
When I saw the thumbnail I thought you'd made her a jumpsuit! It makes a fantastic jacket, I wouldn't have thought of that conversion. great job!

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122