Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2956 (MISSES' JACKET AND PANTS)

Reviewed by:Christas

About Christasstarstarstarstar
OK USA
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:2/18/10 6:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants
WJean said... (4/29/11 10:00 PM) Reply
You did a wonderful job when constructing this jacket. It really looks nice on you, and I liked your addition of a satin yoke lining. I pulled this out of my stash today, and am considering making it so, I really appreciate your review.
callmeRuth said... (3/6/10 6:26 PM) Reply
Such a nice job on on those details! Lovely work.
AnneMarie60 said... (2/22/10 10:06 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! I have had this pattern in my stash for a while. Very helpful review!
blue mooney said... (2/21/10 7:35 AM) Reply
So very ladylike! You did really nice work on this jacket. Love everything about it!
kerrynw said... (2/20/10 2:47 AM) Reply
I love your jacket, the pleats are such a unique feature which gives it that WOW factor!
Christas said... (2/19/10 9:21 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone, for all the very nice comments! Renren, you made my day when you said I needed to up my skill level!!! That was so nice of you. Yet, I think I am accurate in my rating.
eugenia123 said... (2/19/10 5:31 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket and you look so amazing in it. It is such a lovely style and you have made it beautifully. I love the collar and the back pleats. Everything about it is so perfect!
annie11 said... (2/19/10 4:26 PM) Reply
You look so stylish in this! It is just perfect for your figure, and you did a beautiful job. Inspiring!
Catbird said... (2/19/10 12:13 PM) Reply
What a great jacket! I love that it has those interesting designer details but isn't too time-consuming to sew. And the details you added, like the partial lining and the buttonholes, give it extra panache. The pleats and topstitching are so beautifully done! This is a great style for you and I have a feeling you'll be wearing this A LOT in the coming months!
Bonnie123 said... (2/19/10 12:02 PM) Reply
Nice job. I love the pleats in the back.
Lori V said... (2/19/10 11:43 AM) Reply
Beutiful jacket, it looks wonderful on you. The back pleats are so pretty.
Barbara V said... (2/19/10 10:19 AM) Reply
Such a great pattern and you sewed it up beautifully! You wear it well and the style suits you. This one is in my pattern stash and I hope to get to it soon. Your photos and review are very helpful - thank you!
Kellie R. said... (2/19/10 9:42 AM) Reply
Oooo Christa! This jacket is superb! I LOVE pleats and your stitching is flawless! This style is great on you, so chic and very well made. I love it!
Vonnevo said... (2/19/10 4:08 AM) Reply
A beautiful jacket and lovely photos of you too Christa :)
Sigrid. said... (2/19/10 3:15 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and you finished it so nice on the inside too. I'll remember that way of partially lining.
Mden said... (2/19/10 1:14 AM) Reply
I love the jacket. The sewing is wonderful.
SusiM said... (2/19/10 0:41 AM) Reply
Beautiful work and great style and fit. I like all the pictures you posted to give us a good view of the details.
busymomof3 said... (2/18/10 11:51 PM) Reply
This looks so adorable on you! You did an amazing job on it and can't wait to see your next one!
thirteenstitches said... (2/18/10 11:28 PM) Reply
This jacket is just beautiful and it looks great on you! Nice job : )
Peggy L said... (2/18/10 10:20 PM) Reply
Super cute! I love the pleats. You did a great job on this:)
renren said... (2/18/10 8:13 PM) Reply
Extraordinary! (I think you might be Advanced, Christas! Everything you sew is PERFECT.)
Jacqui315 said... (2/18/10 7:13 PM) Reply
Such gorgeous work! (I think I gasped when I saw the close up of the pleats!)
Annette1 said... (2/18/10 7:00 PM) Reply
EVERY detail is IMPECCABLE, Christa. I just LOVE this little jacket on you. Of course, the crowning glory is those PLEATS, but the entire silhouette is so flattering. I love that you can wear this just as easily with jeans as you can a skirt or dress. And your lined yoke makes it EXTRA special, and so SMOOOOOTH to slide on. :o) Bravo!

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

MariaDenmark 101

by: julliams

Sewing Workshop Nikko Jacket Pattern

Sewing Workshop Nikko Jacket Pattern

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)