Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> 1002 (Medical Cat Turtleneck)

Reviewed by:m1khaela

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

skrinkels said... (4/14/14 2:48 PM) Reply
You just saved my life..I have been looking all over the internet for something like your cat mine has scraped his neck up too it wasnt bad at first but now its awful and I must do something to keep him from about to make it now thanks so much for posting this♥
Leslie in Austin said... (2/24/10 9:54 PM) Reply
"...Riley looked ready to play jazz flute..." Wah! Hilarious! Ingenious and stylish solution you've worked up there.
voet said... (2/24/10 12:54 PM) Reply
My female cat, Bertie, had a wound on her back a number of years ago and I had to do the same thing. I used a white sock with a red band around the top. I cut of the foot part and cut two holes for her front legs. It did the trick until she was healed. She did not like it much either, but after a couple of days she got used to it. She weighs about 6.5 pounds so the sock worked well. A sock might be too tight for a bigger cat though.
Passion4Sewing said... (2/23/10 7:37 AM) Reply
I'll have to keep this invention in mind...I have four cats. I know what you mean about clothes for a cat ;-) Good job! Glad Riley is better.
mssewcrazy said... (2/23/10 7:22 AM) Reply
Good for you improvising and making this for your kitty. My daughter is fixing to graduate from vet school and I am going to show her this for reference sake. It's great that your kitty is on the mend.
chicaem29 said... (2/22/10 11:49 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh, too funny! Seeing a kitty in a turtleneck of course, not that he was sick and needed it! I'm glad he's better. My cat is all orange (and a LOT bigger - 17 pounds!) but their faces are really really similar. I can only imagine how he'd look at me if I put a turtleneck on him.
pammieh said... (2/22/10 11:15 PM) Reply
MY dog had the same condition and the vet diagnosed him with a staff infection - you are so clever:)
sew2006 said... (2/22/10 9:09 PM) Reply
Your poor kitty! About 4 years ago I took my mostly outdoor cat to the vet to get fixed. They didn't tell me beforehand that I would need to keep the cat indoors for 10 days so it wouldn't rip open the stitches. They put one of those plastic collars on her and she screemed by the back door for a couple hours and then pulled it off anyway. I took an old worksock, cut off the closed part, cut our 4 small holes for paws and dressed up the cat. She went through 3 sock sweaters but it kept her safe.
Emi1yKate said... (2/22/10 7:52 PM) Reply
Oh, he does look so very cute in his tee, even though I am with you, I don't think cats belong in clothes for fashion reasons! Glad kitty is better now :o)
lynne1nor said... (2/22/10 7:05 PM) Reply
That is so amazing! Your poor kitty! But what a great thing it is to be able to sew up a "medical T-shirt" for your cat when such a thing is needed. Nice job!
stretch queen said... (2/22/10 6:58 PM) Reply
Wonderful use of sewing skills. Glad to hear kitty is on the mend!!
Rhoda K said... (2/22/10 4:07 PM) Reply
A great idea, but so glad kitty is better! I imagine he is, too.
Sondra Leigh said... (2/22/10 2:46 PM) Reply
JillyBe said... (2/22/10 1:52 PM) Reply
wwwwww...... Glad he's better - may he stay that way! What a good catmom you are :)
jannw said... (2/22/10 1:06 PM) Reply
such a sweet kitty...a good idea for the medical reasons..
halleyscomet said... (2/22/10 12:52 PM) Reply
Oh my...I can't imagine trying to get that on a cat! What a hoot!

by: Graca