Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1101 ( Slouchy Fly-Front Skirt)

Reviewed by:lbrundage

About lbrundagestarstar
Member since: 5/1/09
Posted on:2/23/10 12:22 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
Sewing Chick said... (3/19/10 4:52 PM) Reply
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that had challenges with the zipper. I think I ripped something out 5 times. However, once you have it, it's a great method. Love your skirt and your blog. I plan to finish mine this weekend and make two more while I can still remember how to do the zipper application!
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (2/25/10 1:32 AM) Reply
you have excellent fashion sense! Thank you for reviewing this and showing how it could be showcased.
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (2/25/10 1:32 AM) Reply
gatorgirl4325 said... (2/24/10 4:11 PM) Reply
I have this one and can't wait to make it up now that I've seen your version. Love the way you've styled it too!!
becca a said... (2/24/10 9:36 AM) Reply
I love this skirt. Thanks for the great review. I will have to make this soon.
Rebecca D said... (2/24/10 6:52 AM) Reply
This pattern is on my cutting table right now, being traced. Thanks for the great review. I was geeked about this skirt before reading your review and now am even more geeked (?). I loved how you've styled it.
AquariJenn said... (2/23/10 11:19 PM) Reply
Fabulous skirt! Thanks for the review,
CynthiaSue said... (2/23/10 9:47 PM) Reply
you are rocking this!!!! pattern sold!! ordering now.
Christas said... (2/23/10 5:36 PM) Reply
I have never sewn a Hot Pattern. What a very cute skirt.... looks great on you!
no7262 said... (2/23/10 5:28 PM) Reply
I really like the look of this skirt! You did a great job! Nora :)
Sew4Fun said... (2/23/10 5:16 PM) Reply
Love it!! I want one. :) Helpful review too, thanks.
Vibekeinyork said... (2/23/10 5:05 PM) Reply
Nice! I thought the pattern overpriced at first, but its clearly not. You look gorgeous in the new skirt.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (2/23/10 5:01 PM) Reply
I have been thinking about buying this pattern. Thanks for the review. Your skirt looks great - very RTW!
birdmcfarland said... (2/23/10 4:34 PM) Reply
Outstanding. The whole get-up. The skirt is really nice and you look hip and chic.
Lori V said... (2/23/10 2:45 PM) Reply
Your skirt is fantastic.
crazygrad said... (2/23/10 1:20 PM) Reply
I've put off buying this pattern, but your skirt is so inspirational. Naughty enabler.
SewBissy said... (2/23/10 1:19 PM) Reply
The skirt looks phenomenal on you!
michellep74 said... (2/23/10 12:58 PM) Reply
Fabulous skirt! This pattern is in my queue for my spring sewing--I agree, it looks better made up than on the pattern envelope!
pterion said... (2/23/10 12:36 PM) Reply
Oh Yay! I'm so glad to see a review of this skirt. It looks fabulous on you - love the belt.
ElizabethDee said... (2/23/10 12:31 PM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this skirt, which I would like to make too. I am glad it worked out so well for you and I appreciate your comments on your modifications. Your skirt looks terrific on you -- very flattering. (By the way, I did the exact same thing as you--guillotined a zipper with zipper pull just last week! Some phase of the moon, maybe?)

BurdaStyle Downloadable Cheeky Panties