Online Sewing Class: Understanding Sheer Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Neue Mode> 23072 (Misses' tops)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:3/19/04 8:51 PM
Last Updated:10/22/04 10:52 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Hilary said... (10/23/04 8:10 AM) Reply
What a pretty top! The lowered neckline is a definate improvement, and very flattering. I love the sleeves! Not very practical for a SAHM but maybe in a shorter length I could get away with it :o) Thanks for the review!
JoleneF said... (10/23/04 7:29 AM) Reply
Looks great!
Mary Stiefer said... (10/22/04 1:24 PM) Reply
Very nice.
PegL said... (10/22/04 11:32 AM) Reply
Very pretty shirt! Love the idea of remaking souvenier t-shirts too!
sailonsilvergirl said... (10/22/04 11:16 AM) Reply
Oh I'm so glad you posted this again! I have a pile of large square shapeless T-shirts & remembered how you redid your Las Vegas T. You've inspired me to use a well-fitting T-shirt pattern to salvage these Ts!
Dobedowawa said... (10/22/04 11:05 AM) Reply
Deepika, I love the top, the sleeves are fluttery and feminine! A question, do NM patterns have petite adjustments?
msbillie said... (4/10/04 2:12 PM) Reply
Looks super on you! Thanks for the review.
AuntieShel said... (3/30/04 12:41 PM) Reply
Deepika, I've often thought of buying ready-to-wear for the fabric. They seem to have access to better fabric than you can find in fabric stores, especially knits. Though, since being a member of PR, I've been learning about lots of great fabric web sites with beautiful fabric.
drsue said... (3/29/04 11:22 PM) Reply
How clever of you! It never occured to me to remake souvenier tee's. It came out really nicely.
SouthernStitch said... (3/29/04 8:12 PM) Reply
The newly constructed t shirt really shows your curves! Now instead of a boxy t shirt you have a shapely one! Very nice.
hnjmom said... (3/29/04 8:09 PM) Reply
Deepika, I saw the t-shirt on your skirt review. Too cute! And yes, it fits perfectly. It has a lovely shape. What a great idea!
SouthernStitch said... (3/21/04 8:02 PM) Reply
Deepika this black and white looks fabulous on you! Great job!
Rennie Ashby said... (3/20/04 8:37 PM) Reply
The fit looks PERFECT! I'll have to pull this one out of my stash and try it soon.
Danvillegirl said... (3/20/04 2:32 PM) Reply
Love it! Looks really nice on you and love the fabric. Love the sleeves. Don't cut them off!!!! Everyone has 3/4 sleeves not these, they look great! I am adding this pattern to my wish list. I have yet to made a NM pattern but your review convinces me to give it a try.
Deepika said... (3/20/04 8:50 AM) Reply
jlg I used to think like that too. But it's really no extra work at all. Plus the fact that they fit me so well makes me do it. I think you should try these patterns. Leslie I was actually thinking of posting a close up photo yesterday. I'll do it today. Annette I highly encourage you to try knits, but the bad thing with that is, you may never go back to wovens :) They are so easy and quick. Gigi thanks for the tip on lettucing the sleeves. Everyone, thanks a lot for such nice comments. I am making the skirt today :) And since so many of you like the long sleeves, I've decided not to cut them off. Thank you!
SewingSusan said... (3/20/04 8:06 AM) Reply
Great shirt. As always, you have made a lovely piece of clothing. I really like the long sleeves.
Ann C said... (3/20/04 7:23 AM) Reply
Pretty shirt - love the pattern, glad it fits you so well.
Gigi Louis said... (3/20/04 7:00 AM) Reply
Deepika, your top is beautiful! I really love that fabric. When I lettuced my sleeves I lettuced them first and then turned back the vent facing. That made it easier to get a neat finish there.
Annette H said... (3/20/04 6:46 AM) Reply
Terrific top! I really must try sewing knits - this is much better than RTW.
Tini said... (3/20/04 3:14 AM) Reply
coool, you're really an inspiration
sewywabbit said... (3/20/04 1:00 AM) Reply
This looks great on you! I have seen a similar fabric in a fabric store here that looks like it has pieces of denim randomly attached to a background of navy floral. it is very intriguing. The fabric is soft, like a buttermilk knit. Maybe I will pick some up if they ever mark it down. This is a great top for year round.
Leslie in Austin said... (3/19/04 11:54 PM) Reply
So pretty on you, Deepika! I love the sleeves and hate to hear you're cutting them shorter. The fabric sounds intriguing. Would you post of close up photo of it?
Debbie Spriggs said... (3/19/04 11:02 PM) Reply
Very pretty! I really like the split sleeves. This fits you beautifully!
Karla Kizer said... (3/19/04 10:38 PM) Reply
That shirt is great, Deepika - the fit, the style, and of course, the exquisitely tasteful fabric ;-) My share of it is still "maturing" in the stash, but I can see a shirt like yours in DD's future. I love it!
jlg said... (3/19/04 10:04 PM) Reply
Very pretty top which is very becoming on you, Deepika. I've never tried Neue Mode simply out of laziness; don't want to add the seam allowances. Your review, however, makes me want to try them.
Liana said... (3/19/04 10:00 PM) Reply
Very cute! It is so nice to have a reliable pattern for a basic garment.
SewTabby said... (3/19/04 9:41 PM) Reply
That looks great on you! Love it!
Katharine in BXL said... (3/19/04 9:29 PM) Reply
Darling results! The alterations were worth it.
drsue said... (3/19/04 9:23 PM) Reply
Very, very nice. It's great to have a pattern like this which you can count on.

by: wingamajig

Victoria Jones Collection Men's Classic Hawaiian Businessman's Aloha Shirt

Victoria Jones Collection Men's Classic Hawaiian Businessman's Aloha Shirt

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)