Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:novicesewist

About novicesewiststar
Member since: 2/11/08
Skill level:Beginner

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:2/27/10 11:08 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

LynnG said... (3/2/10 2:36 PM) Reply
Love your lining! I admire your persistance in working for the good fit. Way to go.
yorkshire lass said... (3/2/10 7:35 AM) Reply
These fit really nicely and I really admire you for sticking with this project and making it work. I am particularly impressed that you tackled jeans as a beginner. Well done, you deserve to pat yourself on the back, and next time it will be easier. The chain stitch tacking is a great plan.
Lynn67 said... (3/1/10 10:13 AM) Reply
Looks like you did an awesome job (perseverence pays off) and love the fabric/lining!
fattyboomboom said... (3/1/10 8:37 AM) Reply
I really like the design on your back pockets, and the lining made me smile!
Deepika said... (2/28/10 1:42 PM) Reply
From the photos it looks like they fit very well. I also loved the fabric you chose.
RadarRadiance said... (2/28/10 11:17 AM) Reply
Your back fit looks perfect. Thanks for all your hard work and explanations. I also plan to try this pattern!
Annette Wright said... (2/28/10 10:27 AM) Reply
Yes, definitely size off your hips and blend up for a larger waist size. I have to do that, and the fit is easier that way. I think the crotch length is too long for you, they need to sit a bit lower, but the back view looks good over the butt, not too wrinkly. And place the pockets a bit closer to the back seam. Wide set pockets make the butt look wider. I have mine set about 1/2" higher than the pattern marking also, and a bit closer, though I don't remember how much. I really think you are close to some well fitting jeans. The pattern is a good one, now just continue to work with it.
AuntieShel said... (2/28/10 9:31 AM) Reply
You did a wonderful job and I admire your patience for finishing them. I don't make pants, but it seems to me I've read that you should start with your hip size and then add or subtract to the waist.
no7262 said... (2/28/10 8:59 AM) Reply
It looks like you did a great job! You got an awesome fit in the back! Pockets look great! I just cut this out yesterday. I'm a little nervous.... Nora :)
sew2006 said... (2/28/10 8:43 AM) Reply
I love the lining fabric!

Understanding Interfacings