Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5396 (Suit Jacket Palmer&Pletsch)

Reviewed by:JudyP

About JudyPstarstar
NY USA
Member since: 7/15/05
Posted on:3/1/10 8:52 PM
Last Updated:3/1/10 8:54 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
o3b said... (3/31/10 2:21 AM) Reply
Hmmm...would it work to turn the back gathers into a box pleat?
juschu said... (3/30/10 9:42 AM) Reply
Judy, I love this jacket. I would wear it all the time, and the detail in the back really appeals to me. I am going pattern shopping!
Sherril Miller said... (3/29/10 8:01 PM) Reply
beautiful!
sewnsewtoo said... (3/29/10 5:17 PM) Reply
Lo;ve the jacket. I agree with the above comments. Your jacket is very flattering.
michellep74 said... (3/29/10 2:46 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket!
marycds said... (3/2/10 10:47 PM) Reply
Great jacket. It looks like it fits really well. Clinton and Stacy on "What Not to Wear" would say that the details on the back divide the space and make you look smaller. I need to look at this pattern since I have a lot of space. Great job.
Riesie said... (3/2/10 9:21 AM) Reply
Oh, I love this. The fit is excellent, especially through the upper chest/shoulders (that's always my difficult part). And I'm with everybody else - love the belt detail on the back.
JudyP said... (3/2/10 6:49 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! I guess we are always harder on ourselves! I definitely will wear this jacket as it does fit well and the fabric is yummy!
no7262 said... (3/2/10 6:46 AM) Reply
Judy, it looks great! Even the gathers in the back! You did a beautiful job! Nora :)
paulakiss said... (3/2/10 1:28 AM) Reply
Great jacket. Looks RTW but fits you like a glove! I actually like the back. I don't think it makes your back look bigger, just the opposite.
davin said... (3/2/10 1:27 AM) Reply
On the contrary, I think the back looks interesting and has some shape, rather than a blank-wall, featureless expanse. You probably will get used to it!
moushka said... (3/1/10 10:44 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket, including the back inset. It's a nice detail. I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing it. Thanks for the review.
renren said... (3/1/10 9:47 PM) Reply
Yeah, I was expecting something really saggy, then I clicked on the link and I thought, darn, everything looks so nice! Love the jacket and your description of the fabric makes me wish I could touch it! Very pretty garment and very wearable. I have to give the P/P patterns a try.
Christas said... (3/1/10 9:04 PM) Reply
Oh goodness, you are too hard on yourself! The back is really CUTE! I love the little band with gathered fabric..... great detail! And .... your jeans aren't THAT bad! You really got a wonderful fit on your jacket. The shoulders, bust, really everything looks very nice.

Self Drafted Pattern 319885-1000