Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Liberty Shirt (Liberty Shirt)

Reviewed by:Patti B

So beautiful!
lorrwill said... (11/7/10 1:33 AM) Reply
Quite ingenious.
Cultured Purl said... (5/15/10 11:07 AM) Reply
OH dear now I did it wrong! The last review was supposed to be for your original blouse,,,sorry! ( maybe they have a PR 101 class for people like me?)
Cultured Purl said... (5/15/10 11:05 AM) Reply
SO SO SO pretty on you Patti! I would raise my front higher ( when I get the pattern that is!) and wear little " Audrey) style cigarette pants or capri's with this for me~ I LOVE this pattern and you look wonderful! Very flattering pattern on you. Thanks for the review and the '" how to" to convert to a T top ( and extremely distinctive T top that is!)
Cultured Purl said... (5/15/10 11:02 AM) Reply
Patti~ I NEED to get this pattern, it looks SO SO good on you!! ( the original blouse and the knit!) Ok I am officially back to sewing for only a few months and find I NEED to get patterns again? The only thing I am worried about is the cost of the pattern and how many times one can make it ( vs a regular t top) Its pretty distinctive ,,,
sew2little said... (4/19/10 0:22 AM) Reply
You are so smart! What a great knit top!
carolynw said... (4/17/10 10:21 AM) Reply
Another winner with this pattern - OK Patti - you've sold me - going to get this pattern. Am particuarly interested in your remarks re your shoulders - think I have the same so may use a shoulder pad as I normally have to
Barbara3 said... (4/16/10 12:33 PM) Reply
Great review. Beautiful tops and such a nice fit on you. Clever to have done it in a knit as well. Now I'm inspired to take out that pattern and make it up.
marec said... (4/16/10 10:35 AM) Reply
Patti, I love both of your versions. This pattern is now on my wishlist. Do you think it is easy to alter for petites?
Jane S said... (3/5/10 7:26 AM) Reply
Wow, I've been avoiding SW in recent years but you've got me looking at this pattern. Wonderful fabric on you and perfect sizing for shoulders and drape on you. Thanks so much!
Karendee said... (3/4/10 3:39 PM) Reply
Patti, You have also inspired me to make this top. I love how you look in this garment, the fabric, and your workmanship. Today I ordered this pattern and will make it in a summer linen. Thanks.
Modiste Madness said... (3/3/10 10:20 PM) Reply
Your photo reminded me how much I need to make this. You did a wonderful job on fabric selection and construction.
grey ann said... (3/3/10 7:41 PM) Reply
This looks absolutely wonderful. I LOVE Brussels washer (have to have natural fibres) - where did you find this fabric with the embr dots? LOVE it. The shirt really does fit well and great choice of buttons to not detract from the fabric. Nice job.
Harriet Rogers said... (3/3/10 6:18 PM) Reply
Patti: this is wonderful in every way: choice of fabric, the way it looks on you: very designer-looking. You've inspired me to finally make this pattern.
LynnG said... (3/3/10 2:23 PM) Reply
Perfect!
carolynw said... (3/3/10 1:47 PM) Reply
I love this - looks wonderful on you - perfect match of fabric and pattern!
marciae said... (3/3/10 12:45 PM) Reply
Patti - I just LOVE that top on you. I may need to purchase said pattern!! Your review sounds like 'it would fit me'!!
marthamyers said... (3/3/10 12:19 PM) Reply
Gorgeous result of a fabulous pattern. It looks perfect on you. It's so wonderful when the sewing is pure pleasure, isn't it? This is maybe my favorite pattern. I've made it twice but you've re-inspired me! Thanks.
RLL said... (3/3/10 11:05 AM) Reply
Ditto everyone else on the compliments. This is a head turner top. Simply gorgeous. I drooled over that fabric at the Atl. Sewing Show last March (coming again next week - yea!)but didn't get it. Oh well, I'm still mopping the tears.
Puppy said... (3/3/10 10:42 AM) Reply
Mmmm....I wish I had this to wear to my husband's (early) retirement party. Very, very nice!
Puppy said... (3/3/10 10:41 AM) Reply
DorothyK said... (3/3/10 10:22 AM) Reply
Your version of this wonderful pattern is terrific. I love the polka dots. The shirt is very flattering on you. I made this pattern also and I wear the top all the time. You have inspired me to make another one.
Diane333 said... (3/3/10 8:37 AM) Reply
very nice.
Karine said... (3/3/10 8:25 AM) Reply
So cute! I love your fabric.
Auntie Allyn said... (3/3/10 8:07 AM) Reply
This looks terrific! And I adore the fabric you used!
Lalena said... (3/3/10 7:53 AM) Reply
I don't think I've ever used the words "polka dots" & "elegant" in the same sentence, but you've done it with this elegant blouse! Also--very wise button choice. Nice job!
Rebecca D said... (3/3/10 6:41 AM) Reply
What a pretty shirt, that color is lovely on you.
BillieJean said... (3/3/10 5:41 AM) Reply
This is so pretty and I have just the fabric to make it. I just went online and ordered the pattern. You enabler you!
KarmenG said... (3/3/10 0:09 AM) Reply
LOVELY blouse!!!! No wonder you love it!!! And the miters looks great. Nice blouse!!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/3/10 0:06 AM) Reply
Oh Patti, I really L-I-K-E this blouse on you; it's so flattering and the shape so unique. I'm real sucker for a great polka dot fabric, and you've hit the mark on every single count. You look fabulous, Lily
sew2little said... (3/2/10 11:50 PM) Reply
This is another winner, Patti. It looks great on you and the fabric is so Patti--and that's a good thing! Marci
Schnauzer said... (3/2/10 11:08 PM) Reply
Lovely top, Patti!
Elona said... (3/2/10 10:48 PM) Reply
Patti, this top is really becoming to you (and I'm a lady who doesn't usually like SW patterns). The top is great as is, but if you wanted to bring that front hem in a bit, a teeny-weeny dart up from the hemline should do the trick. Love your button choice!
milwaukee_kelly said... (3/2/10 10:26 PM) Reply
Really nice! Love the collar.
Rhoda K said... (3/2/10 10:12 PM) Reply
Very nice top and pretty fabric! Looks very good on you.
Christas said... (3/2/10 9:12 PM) Reply
I agree with Barbara V. This is a very flattering style on you, and ...... I WANT that fabric! What a beautiful blouse!
FreyaStark said... (3/2/10 8:20 PM) Reply
A cute and distinctive shirt.
RadarRadiance said... (3/2/10 7:29 PM) Reply
Adorable on you!!! Perfect.
sideseams said... (3/2/10 7:08 PM) Reply
Love this blouse on you. Very flattering!
Barbara V said... (3/2/10 6:25 PM) Reply
Really nice Patti! That is a very flattering style on you and the fabric is perfect.
no7262 said... (3/2/10 6:20 PM) Reply
I LOVE this on you! It looks so good! You really did a great job! I even love the fabric choice. Nora :)
Izzie said... (3/2/10 5:24 PM) Reply
Cute top Patti! Love the dotty fabric.
Historylover said... (3/2/10 5:21 PM) Reply
Extremely cute top. Love the fabric! It's perfect for this top which looks great on you. Thanks for sharing.

by: Danvillegi...