Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB042SW (Sweet Harmony Tote)

Reviewed by:nraley

About nraley
Member since: 6/23/09
Posted on:3/8/10 12:59 PM
Last Updated:3/10/10 3:37 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
Rebecca Wyn said... (7/9/10 0:43 AM) Reply
Thank you for your tip on how to attach the bottom of the bag. This was my second Sweet Harmony Bag, I followed your advice, it made the construction much easier and it turned out nicer. Thank you!
rose4524 said... (4/10/10 11:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful bag, and thanks for the very detailed review. I'm a little intimidated by AB patterns based on other reviews - they seem like a LOT of work - but your experience and feedback really help!
pterion said... (3/20/10 9:40 PM) Reply
So pretty! I love that fabric.
AnneM said... (3/20/10 5:46 PM) Reply
What a great job matching your fabric at the seams. You got great results in your bag. Useful tip on the fabric / fleece / interfacing sandwich.
Sewnsewmom said... (3/19/10 11:23 PM) Reply
Very pretty. Good fabric choice.
SWEETSUEEMILY said... (3/19/10 11:11 PM) Reply
A very pretty purse. You did a great job making the pattern come together.
Sherril Miller said... (3/19/10 10:55 PM) Reply
I love this bag pattern. Could you show it on your body to see how big it is and can you show the inside of the bag as well?
fourkid said... (3/19/10 10:21 AM) Reply
Great review. I think your purse is very pretty - love the fabric and contrasts.
milwaukee_kelly said... (3/13/10 8:21 AM) Reply
Very nice bag, love the prints and your helpful review. I am a huge Amy Butler fan, but I would be annoyed that they didn't just recommend creating a smaller pattern piece for the fusing.
nancy2001 said... (3/11/10 8:45 PM) Reply
Your bag turned out beautifully. Thanks for the hint about removing the fleece from the seam allowances.
renren said... (3/11/10 10:24 AM) Reply
Wonderful fabric and great bag! I'm so glad you were able to enlarge the photo because I love to see all those details!
sewtime said... (3/11/10 10:02 AM) Reply
Darling bag!
Sic said... (3/11/10 7:33 AM) Reply
Very cute bag! I totally agree with you about trimming the 1/2 inch off of the fleece - it is so fussy and wasteful. She really ought to include a pattern piece for it.
kristinlala said... (3/10/10 4:39 PM) Reply
REALLY CUTE! Love the fabric...I need some! :) I totally know what you mean about trimming the fleece- that is annoying!!!
gatorgirl4325 said... (3/10/10 3:45 PM) Reply
Your fabric on your bag is very eye-catching. Love it!
Patti B said... (3/8/10 8:07 PM) Reply
Thanks for your helpful review; I'll keep it with the pattern to refresh my memory when I sew it. Any chance of a photo?

by: amynxdx