Pattern Reviews> La Mia Boutique Magazine> 02-2010-29 (Cardi)

Reviewed by:LynnRowe

About LynnRowestarstarstar
Member since: 3/9/09
Posted on:5/16/10 1:45 AM
Last Updated:5/16/10 1:54 AM

loti said... (5/16/10 9:44 PM) Reply
It really does exist!! I love love love the teal, great job! Can you try and sneak in a pic of the kitty?
Time4me said... (5/16/10 6:44 PM) Reply
I feel like I've just laid eyes on the Ogopogo. Everyone talks about it, everyone WANTS to believe it exists but they just can't, UNTIL they accidentally float off into the middle of the Lake Okanagan after they've fallen asleep on a air mattress and are woken by the ripple of the water. All that to say, I am so pleased I have finally laid eyes on these beauties!
MelissaB in WA said... (5/16/10 3:52 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!!! I'm so glad you finally can post pictures. I need a grey one really bad now!
DorothyK said... (5/16/10 1:40 PM) Reply
Very nice cardi. Thanks for your detailed review. It will be a fantastic reference if I decide to make this pattern.
Twinset said... (5/16/10 12:44 PM) Reply
Well, it was worth the wait! Very nice in charcoal gray!
esined said... (5/16/10 12:35 PM) Reply
Really nice; love the hem!
Raye Ann said... (5/16/10 12:27 PM) Reply
this is really beautiful! makes me want to try it- but I have not had any luck with BWOF, much less LMB! (not enough experience I think:) If I do get around to it, though, thank you for the details construction steps!
ryansmumAria said... (5/16/10 9:44 AM) Reply
no7262 said... (5/16/10 7:49 AM) Reply
Jumping up and down! You did it! Oh, and the cardi is cute too! LOL. Nora :)
JanJanB said... (5/16/10 2:20 AM) Reply
I absolutely love it Lynn!!!! Great choice in fabric etc..........alas I wish I could find 'La Mia' here in the interior. Congratulations on figuring out your camera.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (4/4/10 2:44 PM) Reply
Thanks so much Lynn for all your FAB instructions and help
MelissaB in WA said... (4/1/10 5:19 PM) Reply
I got my French issue of "Ma" Boutique in the mail today and I can't wait to make up the cardi Lynn. Thanks for such detailed instructions. I can't wait to get this made for myself. Hopefully I can find some matching ribbing and jersey soon.
LynnRowe said... (3/29/10 7:07 PM) Reply
Thank you so much, sewinfrance!!! So far, I've been able to construct stuff without any instructions, but sooner or later I'll run into a brick wall, and would love to have your help!
sewinfrance said... (3/28/10 3:08 PM) Reply
Just to let you know that in France this magazine is available translated in french--this issue was the first one!!! I picked it up as I was intrigued by the patterns and the instructions looked better than in other similar magazines. I started making #7 last nite (and made up all my own instructions anysways), and have found out that those italians are definitely smaller, I should have gone up a size. Anyways, if you need a french translation let me know.
LynnRowe said... (3/18/10 11:42 AM) Reply
You just would not believe how much I adore this jacket! (It looks more like a jacket than a "cardi" when it's done). Yesterday walking to work 2 women stopped me & asked me where I'd bought my "delightful jacket". I replied "Italy." lol! I'm wearing my first #29 as I type; it is sooo COMFY, the sleeve drafting is wonderful. And I have fabric spread all over the place, as I dither on which to pick for my next #29 LMB jacket, lol!
chrisquilts_2 said... (3/18/10 11:25 AM) Reply
thank you for the wip. I've got this one on my to-do list and am looking for the perfect combo of fabrics. I've noted your'll help with the translations.
The Technique of Underlining Garments