Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7416 (Flared Skirt)

Reviewed by:KarmenG

About KarmenGstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 1/3/03
Posted on:3/18/10 0:22 AM
Last Updated:3/18/10 0:30 AM

Vonnevo said... (3/19/10 0:23 AM) Reply
Love these draping and flippy skirts Lois and yours looks fabulous. They are my favourite style for our hot summers and I think I may have this pattern sleeping somewhere too. Thanks for another of your VH reviews :)
apple annie said... (3/18/10 11:12 PM) Reply
Lois, great looking skirt, so feminine and flippy! And you are so right about so many of us having it in our stash. Once I saw the pattern, I realized that I too have made it twice! First in a light weight black wool crepe, lined with a black silk crepe de chine. The second one I lengthened considerably and made it from a rayon print. You will love it and wear it for years to come.
Kellie R. said... (3/18/10 8:49 PM) Reply
Lovely! I adore the drapiness which makes it very feminine. Great job!
JudiBee2 said... (3/18/10 2:06 PM) Reply
That's beautiful, good for work and an evening out. Great job.
Patti B said... (3/18/10 11:05 AM) Reply
Another beautiful creation! Oh, I love a skirt that swings when I walk. This looks like one of those very versatile skirts that can be dressed up or down. Alas, this is not in my stash. Renren, do not be afraid of sewing wool -- it is a dream to sew and tailors beautifully.
sugarduck said... (3/18/10 3:34 AM) Reply
So pretty! I love swishy skirts, too. ;-)
KarmenG said... (3/18/10 1:03 AM) Reply
RenRen - Thanks for your lovely comments. To answer your questions....I did not topstitch my seams, and the hem was stitched at 3/8" from the fold. For topstitching I like to use an edgestitch foot (Bernina #10) or the edge of my 1/4" foot.
renren said... (3/18/10 0:31 AM) Reply
Stunning! I haven't sewn with wool yet and I'm a bit nervous about that, but this fabric looks so supple and rich and it just really showcases all those delightful curving seamlines. Very, very nice! Did you machine stitch the hem and match the same width as the topstitched lines? Did you use a special foot to keep everything so perfectly even on the widths (hem and topstitching)?

Other My Childhood Treasures