Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> PMB Revere Collar Blouse (PMB Revere Collar Blouse)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02
Posted on:3/30/04 10:40 PM
MaryBeth said... (3/31/04 8:02 PM) Reply
Debbie, I'm finishing up a pink wool coat lined with brocade using this revere collar and just clipped the lining to turn out where it becomes the public side of the collar. So far the collar is working the way it should. I can see where having just a facing would be disconcerting, though.
LSBCATS3 said... (3/31/04 7:31 PM) Reply
This is just a precious blouse. I have PMB3 but have been playing around mostly with Dresshop 5 Pro, a similar program. I actually like the way DS5Pro prints out better than PMB3. I am able to count on the matching targets lining up correctly. I use a plastic peg board purchased from Lowe's and drywall anchors to link the targets and it works great! Used to take me so much longer to hand tape these together. I support the use of these programs and will more than likely return to trying out PMB3 as I did like the pattern editor portion a lot.
JudyS said... (3/31/04 2:07 PM) Reply
Wow! Debbie, your review is perfect timing. I just drafted the same style, and was all ready to whack into some expensive linen. I assumed the collar was like the LH tunic shirt, but now I see the problem(s). I think I'll just follow your good advice and do a bias binding, and not try to fiddle with a full neck facing. Thanks for this info! Your blouse is beautiful.
Debbie Cook said... (3/31/04 9:20 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone!! The Kandi Kane is a wand used to heat-set crystals, pearls, etc. Here's more info:
cindyann said... (3/31/04 8:46 AM) Reply
Very pretty! The emboridery is lovely. YOu got a very nice fit.
Ann C said... (3/31/04 8:21 AM) Reply
How pretty, Debbie. I am a plus size now minusing also. Have also been thinking of cutting some garments to use the fabric for better fitting clothes like you did for the skirt. Good for you!
Hilary said... (3/31/04 7:58 AM) Reply
Debbie, what a beautiful top! I love the collar~I think it looks much better than the line drawing! The dragonflies are a pretty touch, too. Thanks for reviewing!
Linda E. said... (3/31/04 7:46 AM) Reply
beautiful blouse. the embroidery is a great finishing touch to the blouse. I also want to comment on your great smile It is beautiful.
PattyU said... (3/31/04 7:35 AM) Reply
Your review so makes me want an embroidery machine. Lovely. What's a kandy kane?
Sandra Thwaites said... (3/31/04 7:15 AM) Reply
What a beautiful blouse. Embroidery is a brillant touch. What's Kandi Kane and how did you attach the crystals?
Deepika said... (3/31/04 7:10 AM) Reply
OMG that is so pretty. Love the emboridery on the collar. What is kandi kane?
jlg said... (3/31/04 6:18 AM) Reply
Very pretty, Debbie. It is very becoming on you.
Danvillegirl said... (3/31/04 5:59 AM) Reply
Debbie, great review. I drafted a blouse pattern similar to yours with fold back collar as part of the blouse front. I printed the pattern out but forgot to print the facings. I realized this after cutting out the pattern, plus cutting our a sleeveless blouse to go under this blouse. I am hoping to have enough fabric let to cut them, but your bias back neck idea may work out well for me. Your review is timely for me. Your blouse looks very good and like the embroidery touch.

by: Dellia45