Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1182 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:Victoria B

About Victoria Bstarstarstar
Member since: 2/19/08
Posted on:4/4/10 6:57 PM
Fictionfan said... (7/16/10 6:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and so nice to see it in a fabric that isn't just for special occasions. Thanks for the detailed review about your pattern alterations. Too bad I did not read your review until I struggled with this pattern myself. I can't wait to see your next version.
DesignsByDenise said... (7/5/10 5:05 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress - thank you so much for sharing. It's nice to see it in a pretty print like yours. I love this pattern, but alas, have no place to wear a fancy silk dress. Now I know I can make a gorgeous dress from that pattern that is suitable for work. Yours is lovely!
Sewnforever said... (7/2/10 5:53 PM) Reply
Always SO interesting to see the muslin - the collar is huge and I think your alteration is spot on. You look fab and the fabric is divine.
Matilda M said... (6/22/10 11:46 PM) Reply
Smokin' hot and elegant! Thanks for all your good comments and photos. It's very helpful to see this made up in a print since the pattern photo is in solid. Lovely all around!
JanE said... (5/27/10 2:11 PM) Reply
Just beautiful ... I'll be picking up this pattern soon, so your collar advice will help me a lot. BTW, Nordstrom's is selling this same style dress in a solid for $300! Aren't you glad you can sew?
CarolynGM said... (5/7/10 9:43 PM) Reply
I was just admiring this pattern in the Vogue catalog today. Great dress and great review. You should definitely make another one.
Leora said... (5/7/10 6:47 PM) Reply
I love your dress! Nicely done.
Yippy4Skippy said... (4/20/10 9:04 AM) Reply
Love your dress! I too, am very short-waisted in the back and it would be wonderful if you could post a tip on how you did your alteration. I am still fairly new to altering and would appreciate it if you ever have a chance.
Heatherrique said... (4/8/10 10:25 PM) Reply
Fantastic looking dress! You are definitely set for spring and summer!
JanaL said... (4/5/10 2:05 PM) Reply
This dress looks very nice on you....and you've done such a nice job of fitting and sewing it up. You should be very pleased with the result.
CinLou said... (4/5/10 11:13 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress. I loved this pattern the first time I saw it. Now, by seeing it made up in a print, I love it even more. It will definitely be added to my stash. Thanks for the wonderful, helpful review. Your dress is gorgeous.
Karine said... (4/5/10 11:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, beautiful fit. Thanks for the detailed review. It was very helpful, especially with the photos on your blog.
Q Valley Mary said... (4/5/10 10:42 AM) Reply
A really lovely Easter dress. I liked seeing what you did with the collar--a good modification, I think.
Jane S said... (4/5/10 8:47 AM) Reply
Wow, you look fabulous in this beautiful dress. Great fit, well worth your time to make those subtle but significant changes.
becca a said... (4/5/10 7:54 AM) Reply
Great dress! Wow you're quick--this pattern just came out.
susiestitcher said... (4/5/10 6:53 AM) Reply
What a perfect dress. You achieved a beautiful fit. Sewing the muslin was worth the time because the collar change makes such a difference. Lovely fabric, too. And cool shoes!
Christas said... (4/4/10 11:07 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress! I may have to try your idea of reading instructions out loud for clarity the next time I make a confusing pattern. Thanks so much for your very helpful review!
Amanda S. said... (4/4/10 10:25 PM) Reply
Very pretty! Your muslin was worth it 'cause this fits perfectly. Great job!
lamstu said... (4/4/10 9:38 PM) Reply
I love this pattern and I *love* your dress more! I really want it, but straight, fitted skirts don't have any place in my lifestyle - do you think the skirt would look okay with some flare or fullness in the back? (Primary transportation is by bicycle and if I can't ride it in an outfit, it won't be worn.)
ButtonFaith said... (4/4/10 9:10 PM) Reply
I was amazed to see this pattern made up already! I just saw it last week on Vogue's website! You did a wonderful job on fitting and I'm impressed that you took the time to make a muslin...but it paid off! I LOVE you fabric as well!
marec said... (4/4/10 7:04 PM) Reply
That is a gorgeous dress on you. I really like the collar. nice work.