Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 04-2008-28 (Guitar Jeans)

Reviewed by:21wale

About 21walestarstarstar
MN United States
Member since: 6/25/08
Posted on:4/5/10 5:24 PM

skae said... (6/23/10 7:32 PM) Reply
very nice jeans. I sewed jeans for my son all the time when he was little . come to think of it i still sew him jeans for christmas. I used kwick sew. they had slim jean patterns at that time.
21wale said... (4/6/10 3:21 PM) Reply
mhk3boys - For me, it's worth it because altering ready made is almost as time consuming as making a pair from scratch. Also, since I can buy denim for $4 a yard give or take, it's definitely cheaper. Jeans are no more time consuming than other pants, but it's hard to say how much time it takes since I sew in small increments - maybe around 4 hours?
21wale said... (4/6/10 3:20 PM) Reply
mhk3boys - For me, it's worth it because altering ready made is almost as time consuming as making a pair from scratch - well, it seems that way, anyway, since it's so boring. Also, since I can buy denim for $4 a yard give or take, it's definitely cheaper. Jeans are no more time consuming than other pants, but it's hard to say how much time it takes since I sew in small increments - maybe around 4 hours?
mhk3boys said... (4/6/10 10:15 AM) Reply
Your boys jeans look so cool! I have been thinking about making jeans for my boys but I was wondering, do they take a long time to make? Is it worth it?
JeanM said... (4/5/10 6:11 PM) Reply
They look good! I'll have to try this pattern for my skinny kid (I've done some other pants from Ottobre, just not this design yet)

by: julliams