Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Member since: 6/23/04
Posted on:4/10/10 8:02 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
Margaret said... (4/11/10 1:23 PM) Reply
Very nice apron! Thanks for this review and for explaining the burrito method! I love your fabric choices too :)
Christas said... (4/11/10 9:58 AM) Reply
Very cute apron! This style would also be cute over a child's dress (in the child's size) as an outfit to look somewhat like a pinafore. Thanks for demonstrating the "burrito method!"
Schnauzer said... (4/11/10 4:19 AM) Reply
Very pretty apron, Belinda!
brissie71 said... (4/11/10 4:18 AM) Reply
Great review. I've made this one a few times now, but not for myself. I must admit, I hadn't noticed the ties issue as I didn't sew any of the aprons in my size, nor do I have a dummy to try it on. I hope the recipients of my gifts aren't too disappointed. Oh well. I'll know for next time. I love the way you've attached the ties. I'll have to do that next time, too. Thanks for all the information. I love the fabric combination you've chosen.
Sew4Fun said... (4/11/10 3:50 AM) Reply
Double post
Sew4Fun said... (4/11/10 1:57 AM) Reply
Darla, like anything I could fix it, but this doesn't mean I will :) Sometimes it's easier to start from scratch than to waste time unpicking and re-sewing. My daughter can wear this apron.
Vonnevo said... (4/11/10 1:05 AM) Reply
Lovely apron and nice choice of fabrics Belinda. Thanks for your VH review :)
Darla in PA said... (4/10/10 11:18 PM) Reply
What a beautiful apron! The pattern is very cute but the fabric/color combo really makes it. Can you fix the ties? I can see where you would be very disappointed with them.
Rhoda K said... (4/10/10 11:05 PM) Reply
What a cute apron! Love your burrito method for the ties - neat idea.
pattynaps said... (4/10/10 9:35 PM) Reply
I had the same issue with the ties! Made me pretty upset actually. And the ruffle on the bottom (which it looks like you omitted) is made WAY more complicated then it needs to be, IMO. But the finished apron is adorable. I just know what to do differently next time.

by: popo