Mood Fabrics

About elainemaystarstarstar
Member since: 2/4/09

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:4/10/10 11:50 PM

See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
poppykettle said... (3/24/11 6:51 AM) Reply
I just love the fabric pattern on your coat! It looks really great on too - I'm inspired - think I might make this one next as winter is approaching fast (where I live, anyway).
Mazzygirl said... (5/13/10 4:32 PM) Reply
lovely jacket, great use of print fabric too! I'm now inspired to give prints a go in this style - thank you!
AuntieShel said... (4/12/10 8:38 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful!!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (4/11/10 8:26 PM) Reply
Great, fun, trendy trench coat. I was admiring it on your blog before it was finished. I'm in the middle of making a trench coat and your posts are really helpful. I think the sleeve bands do help andI will steal your idea. Thanks.
Raye Ann said... (4/11/10 4:34 PM) Reply
lovely finished trench! you achieved your goal of a non-crafty looking coat:) the buttons are perfect.
sewtime said... (4/11/10 11:06 AM) Reply
The perfect spring coat! I love the fabric that you used!!
Ronda Rae said... (4/11/10 10:31 AM) Reply
Lovely! Thanks for the tip on the double backstitch (?) hint. Your topstitching is great. I will definitely be checking to see if my Bernina has this option!
JanaL said... (4/11/10 9:56 AM) Reply
Great coat! I love the combination of fabric and pattern that you've put together, and it looks so nice on you.
becca a said... (4/11/10 9:48 AM) Reply
This is a great trench! I will have to pull this pattern out and try it.
carolynw said... (4/11/10 8:59 AM) Reply
Very nice - the fabric is lovely for this style.
Lori V said... (4/11/10 8:14 AM) Reply
Your trench is beautiful, the polka dot fabric is amazing.
Paris75008 said... (4/11/10 6:25 AM) Reply
Wow. Simply stunning. Looks like it came from a top designer fashion line. Thanks for the helpful review. Pictures in the park are great. congratulations due to the photographer!
Sew4Fun said... (4/11/10 4:10 AM) Reply
Totally gorgeous trench! I'd love one of these in my wardrobe.
valerie sews said... (4/11/10 2:51 AM) Reply
What a lovely lovely spring coat. I didn't notice that the collar and belt could be scaled down an infintesimally small amount until you mentioned it. It looks great as is. The material looks fresh instead of craftly quilty. Arrrgh! I'm jealous!
Susannah_sews said... (4/11/10 0:35 AM) Reply
Lovely, Elaine. I was watching progress on your blog, and only realised when you had finished it that this was the same pattern I had bought to make a coat for my daughter. She wants a winter weight coat, so we have selected a (relatively) light wool/cashmere blend in black. I found your comments about the cut encouraging. I had been a bit concerned that the pattern might be a bit loose fitting, but I am more reassured that I will be able to get a good fit for her without making too many alterations. I think I can say nice things about you on pattern review when you are being Elainemay. I couldn't possibly say nice things about Ms Selfish - it would go to her head!!

More Knits