Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2804 (Empire crossover top)

Reviewed by:Christina Sonja

About Christina Sonjastarstarstarstar
WA USA
Member since: 7/2/06

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:4/12/10 1:47 AM

Review Rating: Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Lisa p said... (4/13/10 1:20 AM) Reply
Thanks Christina I thought so but I thought I'd better check . Thanks for the reply.
Christina Sonja said... (4/12/10 10:39 PM) Reply
Hi Lisa - Yes, I added to the front side seams only, not to the back since your back width should stay the same (for the most part!) and it's really your front/tummy that's expanding and needs the extra room.
Lisa p said... (4/12/10 1:01 PM) Reply
Thankyou fpr this great well timed review Christina . I have bought this pattern after I saw your version on your blog ( I am pregnant too ) I love all your tops and I can't wait to try them myself. Can I ask a question ? did you add extra to the Front side seams only ? Does the back piece stay unchanged ? as in my head adding 1 inches at the side seams would equal 4 inches in total .
AnnS said... (4/12/10 12:38 PM) Reply
Also I made a BWOF maternity wrap dress in my usual size (40) and it, too, was ginormous. I ended up taking up a bunch of pleats near the lower edges of the wrap to take up space (you cannot see them when worn). I don't get what it is with Burda and maternity...
AnnS said... (4/12/10 12:26 PM) Reply
Excellent! I might just break down and buy/make this one at 30w pg now (I look bigger than your 38w photo) knowing I can probably wear it after. Also in lieu of the nursing panel, a dress I own from an independent designer uses a soft bandeau for the nursing cleavage cover - just a jersey tube with soft elastic top & bottom that you slide over your bra to create the modesty panel. Lift to nurse. then you can interchange them with your tops for a color contrast, too.
NicholeMc said... (4/12/10 11:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! My sister is just about 24 weeks, and I've been looking for something to make her. You have inspired me! Thanks for the great review and references. And congratulations on your nugget!
Barbara V said... (4/12/10 10:50 AM) Reply
Really nice maternity tops! Congratulations!
RadarRadiance said... (4/12/10 9:33 AM) Reply
You did a great job, congratulations on your new little one, too. Enjoyed your blog, great review especially for any one expecting!
Nancy Rhodes said... (4/12/10 8:39 AM) Reply
And let me add C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!
CarolynGM said... (4/12/10 8:22 AM) Reply
Darling maternity tops. I wish my pregnant DD would let me sew for her. I would make her some of these.
squirrellypoo said... (4/12/10 7:00 AM) Reply
These are all super cute! It's really flattering, too, you look GREAT! A maternity top that you can wear after the birth totally passes the fashion test. :)

Burda 5130