Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2010-07 (St. Tropez Bermuda Shorts)

Reviewed by:Christas

About Christasstarstarstarstar
OK USA
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:4/19/10 9:34 PM

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Ceidhle said... (5/5/10 10:38 PM) Reply
First of all, I refuse to believe that you are 45 years old and the mother of nine. How do you possibly look so good, have time to sew and time to post on PR? The shorts are so cute! I have David Coffin's book, he has lots of good ideas. I have never used Octobre sp? patterns but after your endorsement I will have to take a look at them.
fattyboomboom said... (4/25/10 5:54 PM) Reply
Congrats on your courage to be creative with your fabric choice and to conquer the welt pocket. Your shorts look great on you!
Sewnsewmom said... (4/22/10 7:19 PM) Reply
Very cute shorts! Mother of 9? How do you find the time to sew? And with wonderful results too!
MelissaB in WA said... (4/20/10 11:42 PM) Reply
What a fun pair of shorts - great fit too! :-)
janet said... (4/20/10 5:05 PM) Reply
You look absolutely adorable! You must make yourself more pairs of these shorts!! They fit you to a T and on you they look very classy.
Lori V said... (4/20/10 2:55 PM) Reply
Very cute shorts and a perfect fit.
Vintage Joan said... (4/20/10 11:49 AM) Reply
Cute! And great review, as usual! :)
Rustybobn said... (4/20/10 11:30 AM) Reply
Those are great! I've been eyeing that pattern, unable to make up my mind. Your shorts are wonderful. Thanks for the review.
Karendee said... (4/20/10 11:21 AM) Reply
Oh, Christa! What a magnificent pair of shorts you've made. I not only love the fabric but the style. This type of slacks/shorts is my very favorite style. This Amy Butler fabric was a wonderful selection and you just look wonderful. BTW, these welt pockets are so well done; congratulations for a new skill perfected!!
callmeRuth said... (4/20/10 10:48 AM) Reply
Congrats on the welt pockets. :) Your shorts are so fun--I love them. And you look great wearing them.
eugenia123 said... (4/20/10 10:41 AM) Reply
Firstly, 45 years old - are you sure? I think you can definitely take at least 10 year off that! I absolutely love these shorts - I always think that shorts in a print are so nice and these ones are particularly lovely. That fabric was a wonderful gift. As always your workmanship is suberb. I was extremely interested to read that this was your first time making welt pockets - I have never made them either but, now that I have bumped myself up to an intermediate :), I have been thinking that I should be attempting them some time soon. Your beautifully executed, first time, welt pockets have certainly given me some encouragement and confidence.
AmyG said... (4/20/10 9:57 AM) Reply
Absolutely love them! These have to go in the queue.
pterion said... (4/20/10 9:53 AM) Reply
So cute! And the fit looks terrific too.
Red Curtain said... (4/20/10 9:17 AM) Reply
Your welt pockets turned out very professional. Your shorts are very eye catching and will draw a lot of attention. They are not like anything out there today. They look outstanding on you. Much more fun than bottom weight beige!
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (4/20/10 8:49 AM) Reply
How fun! ..and beautifully sewn, as always :)
annie11 said... (4/20/10 8:44 AM) Reply
I love your shorts! I too have always been afraid of doing welt pockets, so I am going to take a look at this pattern and see if I can give them a try! The print is adorable.
Catbird said... (4/20/10 8:09 AM) Reply
Your first paragraph really made me laugh. Yes, Stacy and Clinton might be a little skeptical at first, but they'd surely be won over by the lively fun of these shorts and your beaming smile. If a style makes you feel good then it's good style! You've done an impeccable job on these and I love the little detail of the contrasting fly. What a great project this turned out to be, to come out of your comfort zone with fabric choice AND to make your first welt pockets! You look great, as always.
susiestitcher said... (4/20/10 7:37 AM) Reply
I am not a shorts person, but you are rapidly changing my mind. Very cute shorts and even cuter on you! Congratulations on your welt pockets. Your sewing skill is terrific!
Danvillegirl said... (4/20/10 7:01 AM) Reply
The shorts are cute and you are one of the youngest looking 45 years old woman. So wear them proudly as they look great on you!
Riordan said... (4/19/10 11:53 PM) Reply
Wonderful shorts!! (Great welt pockets, too.) The fabric is delightful.
FreyaStark said... (4/19/10 11:40 PM) Reply
Great fun, and very summery.
Heidi Ho said... (4/19/10 11:32 PM) Reply
Very cute shorts and congratulations on the welt pockets!! Please come over and show me how!
Annette1 said... (4/19/10 11:28 PM) Reply
These are absolutely THE CUTEST shorts I've seen in a LONG time. :o) I would have NEVER thought to make shorts from this material, but now you've got me wondering what's in that stash of mine that I might use in a different way than previously contemplated. :o) After all, Stacy and Clinton don't know EVERYTHING, and these shorts prove it. :o) They REALLY like nice from the back, too. LOVE THOSE WELT POCKETS, and don't you love the way they FEEL when you put your hand in them? Much more natural than side-seam pockets, I think.
marec said... (4/19/10 10:58 PM) Reply
Love the fabric choice! Thanks for the quote/hint from the DC book.
AnneMarie60 said... (4/19/10 10:55 PM) Reply
Love your print shorts. You've tailored them perfectly. Using Amy's gorgeous, high-quality fabric is an inspiration! Congrats on mastering the welt pocket! Excellently written review!
sewing for fun said... (4/19/10 10:52 PM) Reply
LOVE the shorts!!! I say you earned the right to wear fun clothes and they look great on you!
Barbara V said... (4/19/10 10:35 PM) Reply
Oh what a great looking pair of shorts - welt pocket and all! The print and color are refreshing which makes them perfect for spring and summer and they look super on you!
Peggy L said... (4/19/10 10:31 PM) Reply
Wild and crazy but what fun! Enjoy them this summer:) Congratulations on those welt pockets.
Sweetiebop said... (4/19/10 10:26 PM) Reply
Real cute shorts.
HeyJane said... (4/19/10 10:21 PM) Reply
Cute! You had a very successful project all the way around!
homejewel said... (4/19/10 10:13 PM) Reply
Your shorts are so cute. I love all the great pictures and details you provided in this review. You do great work! I like the print and think it looks especially good with the green top.
GlobalMom said... (4/19/10 10:05 PM) Reply

GlobalMom said... (4/19/10 10:04 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review! I've been eyeing these shorts and just got appropriate fabric so I'll be making these soon...
Natasha B said... (4/19/10 10:03 PM) Reply
Very cute shorts! Probably also a help to try welts in perfectly behaved AB cotton like that too.

Sewn Square One Small Change Pattern