Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6059 (Toddlers' Top, Dresses, Shorts)

Reviewed by:BrightFeather

About BrightFeatherstar
GA USA
Member since: 3/7/08
Posted on:4/22/10 5:05 PM
Last Updated:4/22/10 5:51 PM
See other patterns in this category: Toddlers

ukdame said... (8/14/10 9:48 PM) Reply
I am currently making this one in view C. Ruffle, elastic pockets and that darn collar x2 for twins.My client brought the pattern to me+fabrics.Plus she wants panties and hats. I hate this pattern after finagling this crazy boat collar. I will post when I finish but have already decided I never want to make this one again and I have sewn hundreds of children clothing the past 2 years.
pipet said... (7/2/10 10:05 PM) Reply
despite the irritating pattern, it did turn out cute :) and your niece is a cutie, too!
BrightFeather said... (4/22/10 11:53 PM) Reply
They didn't specify which dots. That was what made it so frustrating. I've been sewing for twenty years and I swear that's the most frustrating pattern I've ever made! And as for Evie, well, I held her for the first time when she was three hours hold and said she was, "A little bit of a thing"... and it stuck. She answers to it, too.
CynthiaSue said... (4/22/10 11:28 PM) Reply
It sounds like it was fustrating but it's really cute. The McCalls are generally baggy on little guys in general. I can't believe they made a toddler pattern with a zipper! That's blasphemous. You fabric choice is adorable. McCalls also does have way too many markings. It becomes tedious marking them all. But the the instructions are always discussing the "large dots" or the "small dots" and you always have to match them. Really irritating. So I'm really with you. Don't give up. Your next time will be even better. I love how you call her "Little Bits". Very sweet.

by: becca a