Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5525

Member since: 11/12/09

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:5/22/10 5:36 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear

AdaF said... (9/28/12 3:30 PM) Reply
Great job! You have, definitely, advanced your skills in a short period of time. Great looking coat!
Scheri said... (2/24/11 1:55 PM) Reply
This is my fAVORITE.
FL Girl said... (11/12/10 1:43 AM) Reply
Your coat is too sweet! The color is lovely! I'm looking forward to making this same coat. I have the fabric for the exterior, but I'm still looking for the perfect fabric for the lining.
Sewlful said... (8/7/10 0:24 AM) Reply
This coat is amazing! I LOVE the buttons. Great buttoms make an outfit and this is a perfect piece.
sarahb said... (5/23/10 11:11 AM) Reply
Fantastic--and very inspiring!
kimmielovesparis said... (5/23/10 10:22 AM) Reply
I love your coat. It's absolutely fabulous! The colour, the style -- it's bang on. Thanks for the great review.
AuntieShel said... (5/23/10 10:19 AM) Reply
This is so professional and looks fabulous on you. Beginner is not an accurate description of your sewing skills.
Sew4Fun said... (5/23/10 1:35 AM) Reply
Beautiful trench coat! I love the colour with the cute sleeves, and your buttons are perfect.
Lori V said... (5/22/10 10:03 PM) Reply
I can't believe you are a beginner, you jacket is stunning.
Big in Japan said... (5/22/10 9:33 PM) Reply
Awesome! The collar and the buttons, thumbs up!
sewin said... (5/22/10 6:27 PM) Reply
Can't believe you are a beginner. The jacket is just adorable. Keep up the good work.
lucylal said... (5/22/10 6:16 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful! I love the colour. What a great job you did. I think i need this pattern!
snuzal said... (5/22/10 4:31 PM) Reply
This is GORGEOUS. I love it on you. It looks incredible. The color is beautiful, just everything is wow! The collar is fab too. I have to have this pattern!
Jolet said... (5/22/10 2:11 PM) Reply
I like this coat, the color, the style, beautiful.
VirginiasDghter said... (5/22/10 1:19 PM) Reply
What a beautiful coat AND color! I have this pattern in my stash and after seeing your lovely garment and reading your helpful review, I am seriously considering moving it up on my list of projects. Great job! and Thanks!
VeroSewsStuff said... (5/22/10 1:15 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone ! I've updated my profile as "advanced beginner" Not Having anyone around who sews (well except for all the wonderful people here!) and having started not long ago, I don't really have a clue of my "level". Thanks again !
Paris75008 said... (5/22/10 1:10 PM) Reply
Beginner? This coat is simply gorgeous and all the details are perfect. Love the color!
babsi1111 said... (5/22/10 12:39 PM) Reply
You did a great job on this jacket. I can't believe you name yourself a beginner! Beautiful coat!
ryansmumAria said... (5/22/10 11:29 AM) Reply
wow!
Aroura said... (5/22/10 11:22 AM) Reply
I agree, I've been sewing for a few years, but only do a few projects per year. Your skills are past mine! I'd but you at advanced beginer, at least :) Beautiful coat!! I hope you enjoy wearing it :)
Noeysmommy said... (5/22/10 10:39 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!
JanaL said... (5/22/10 9:59 AM) Reply
What a beautiful coat....and this is only your second one! Amazing. Can't wait to see what else you can sew.
Lili123 said... (5/22/10 9:44 AM) Reply
i love your coat, the color is great and all the details are beautiful.
carolynw said... (5/22/10 8:55 AM) Reply
It's absolutely fabulous!! Beautiful color - so right for Spring!! Impecabble work especially more so since you class yourself as a beginner.
MNBarb said... (5/22/10 8:44 AM) Reply
You are no longer a beginner. Just go ahead right now and change your status. It doesn't have to do with length of time, but what you have acheived. This coat is beautiful! You might need to get a new sewing machine. I had a lurcher and it seemed to know when it would be the worst time to accelerate. You have inspired be to try a coat.
Cornelia said... (5/22/10 7:45 AM) Reply
Time to move up! your coat is lovely.
BlossomKyle said... (5/22/10 7:39 AM) Reply
That collar is amazing! LOVE IT!
thirteenstitches said... (5/22/10 7:05 AM) Reply
This coat is stunning! What a beautiful job you did! Enjoy it : )
tholtz said... (5/22/10 6:34 AM) Reply
Your coat turned out beautifully, congratulations! I also love the style and especially your buttons! Great job.
margk said... (5/22/10 5:48 AM) Reply
Beginner?????!!!! This jacket is stunning! I think you have found the secret - take your time! Beautiful!

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Favorite Things Little Nightie Night Pattern