Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8650 (Misses' Top)

Reviewed by:jewelea

About jeweleastar
TX USA
Member since: 10/19/05
Posted on:5/4/10 4:36 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Phillis2 said... (4/26/12 4:38 PM) Reply
Thank you for your very helpful advice. I'm in the midst of making this pattern with an inexpensive knit fabric purchased from JoAnn's red ticket table. It's a black on white flower print and I already believe this top would look best on plain color fabric. I have the pleats pinned but can already see that the neckline is going to be too large. Of all those who've made this top, I believe yours look best.
gabc said... (11/1/11 7:44 AM) Reply
I think your top looks great, but I wish I'd read this review before! I made this top over the weekend in a knit fabric and had the same issues; I suppose the sizing may be right for a woven but that neckline would still be problematic.
pammieh said... (8/1/10 3:14 AM) Reply
I tried to make this work as well with a knit - I just couldn't make it work - I thought big deal - only an hour wasted - after three - four hours . . . wadder!
diane s said... (6/3/10 12:35 PM) Reply
thanks for the info, I'll stick with a woven or firm knit
Kayseri said... (5/5/10 9:45 PM) Reply
Your final top looks lovely. Well worth your perserverance
AquariJenn said... (5/5/10 1:13 PM) Reply
I was looking t this pattern recently. Thank you for the review.
pterion said... (5/5/10 12:02 PM) Reply
This is a lovely top and a really helpful review. I think I want to try this pattern now!
nicegirl said... (5/4/10 9:39 PM) Reply
Thank you for detailing the underpinnings you put into this top--also like the suggestion to make it in a lightweight woven.
carolynw said... (5/4/10 6:47 PM) Reply
Very nice looking top and a really, really helpful review. Have the pattern and think I will make a muslin first (don't usually on a loose fitting casual top) and may do as you suggest and use a light weight woven.
wsm2408 said... (5/4/10 5:09 PM) Reply
The top looks very comfortable and you have picked a great colour. I hope you enjoy wearing it!

All About Linings