Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 11-2007-126 (Simple Hooded Jacket)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:5/13/10 5:39 PM
Frogstitcher said... (5/22/10 11:53 AM) Reply
Great save on this oh, so chic jacket. You took a casual rather plain style and created an interesting, stylish raincoat. As always, another beautiful piece of work, Barbara.
Annette1 said... (5/15/10 7:44 PM) Reply
Hello, gorgeous! Now that's what I call perseverance, making your own G-U-S-S-E-T-S. Not only do I try to AVOID them altogether, I can't imagine drafting my own. That being said, I LOVE the look and the fit of anything with G-U-S-S-E-T-S. They just make ALL the difference (I say). This raincoat is so chic, and, of course, your addition of those unique buttons over the snaps just make it. :o)
AuntieShel said... (5/15/10 9:51 AM) Reply
Stunning jacket--how brave to just make up your own underarm gussets. These are one of my most favorite things in the world.
Heatherrique said... (5/14/10 5:40 PM) Reply
I am so glad that you rescued this chic jacket from "hiding"! You definitely will be stylishly and practically ready for the wet weather
DorothyK said... (5/14/10 2:12 PM) Reply
This coat is fantastic. Amazing how you saved it from tight sleeve syndrome. The entire look is fabulous on you.
Twinset said... (5/14/10 1:57 PM) Reply
Great raincoat! I love the elegant simplicity of it and the big hood, of course!
Mahogany Stylist said... (5/14/10 1:24 PM) Reply
Excellent! Love, love it.
eugenia123 said... (5/14/10 9:51 AM) Reply
Fabulous coat. I am so impressed with the changes you have made to really make this work for you. I love it!
Elke said... (5/14/10 6:28 AM) Reply
Great looking looks fabulous on you. Nice choice of fabric too!
Kayseri said... (5/14/10 6:08 AM) Reply
I was looking at this the other day, it's lovely to see it made up - your's looks far better than Burda's. Great save with the sleeves.
kerrynw said... (5/14/10 3:35 AM) Reply
You have done a fantastic job resurrecting this jacket. Looks great on you!
sfshaza said... (5/14/10 3:07 AM) Reply
Gorgeous coat! I can't believe it, but I (and two friends) have this same fabric. None of us have sewn it yet. :) This looks *great* on you!!
Christas said... (5/14/10 0:41 AM) Reply
Barbara, you are SO talented! I have so much trouble sewing gussets - can't even imagine drafting them. Your jacket looks wonderful on you!
Catbird said... (5/13/10 8:27 PM) Reply
That is one cool, clever, chic raincoat! Your changes and fabric choice give this even more style than the original. I love it!
mylittleelephant said... (5/13/10 7:58 PM) Reply
I have almost forgotten this pattern by now, I love the way it looks on you so much that I will have to put this back to my sew list! Thanks for the review.
Ann Smith said... (5/13/10 6:52 PM) Reply
You are amazing drafting your own gussets. Great save. I had forgotten about this project but remember when you bought the fabric.
denese said... (5/13/10 6:45 PM) Reply
Barbara. as usuall you look wonderful i thought it was the same pattern that we discussed. We do not get that mag in aust. I only have to put the buttons on mine and will send photos with my daughter wearing it. thank you for being an inspiration, i need a bit at the moment. thank you keep them coming.
Leora said... (5/13/10 5:59 PM) Reply
Nice save! I love that fabric, what a nice raincoat.
margk said... (5/13/10 5:53 PM) Reply
This coat looks Great! Your sleeve-fix is very stylish. I love it!
The Technique of Underlining Garments