Pattern Reviews> Modellina Magazine> 140-7 (Sundress)

Reviewed by:Annette Wright

About Annette Wrightstarstarstar
Member since: 10/22/08
Posted on:5/12/10 6:35 PM
Last Updated:5/22/10 7:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

mizvi said... (5/23/10 12:05 PM) Reply
I love this dress on you. It is a very flattering pattern. I wonder if someone would be able actually translate the instructions into something a lesser skilled sewer could make. I would love to have a dress like this. Thanks for the great review.Yes that color is for you!
MNBarb said... (5/23/10 8:18 AM) Reply
I'm quite sure you could have made this without the pattern after looking at both the instructions and the templates, Yikes! I love this sundress. What fun to have a halter-style look without the exposure of much cleavage. I can't imagine trying to decipher that pattern but it was worth all of your effort.
GlobalMom said... (5/23/10 1:45 AM) Reply
Modellina looks like it is the same as Diana Moden that we find in Germany. I just picked up my first copy, and you're right, the tracing sheets make Burda look super easy! You did a great job on your dress, and congratulations on sewing in the "language zone".
21wale said... (5/22/10 9:29 PM) Reply
Pretty dress! Looks like it fits really well.
Rhoda K said... (5/22/10 8:09 PM) Reply
Very nice dress and looks so good on you. I have enough problems tracing Jalie, so I think I'll let this one go ;-)
RockNRoll said... (5/22/10 7:52 PM) Reply
nice dress, but those lines gimme a headache.
pterion said... (5/13/10 12:07 PM) Reply
Very cute dress! I have this issue but had not really looked at the maze of pattern lines - yeesh. Looks worth it though!
Jane S said... (5/13/10 7:20 AM) Reply
Wow, a simple dress in the picture but what a challenge with those tracing lines and directions. Love the fabric you picked.
OP Gal said... (5/13/10 7:07 AM) Reply
Pretty dress. The tracing is amazing! Kudos for tackling it. I'd love to see it on you as well as on a hanger.
JanieBee said... (5/13/10 5:42 AM) Reply
Impressive!
FreyaStark said... (5/13/10 0:21 AM) Reply
Good on you for taking on such a challenge. It's a lovely frock, too.
becca a said... (5/12/10 10:52 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! I think I'd get lost in that roadmap; how did you do it?
sewing for fun said... (5/12/10 10:21 PM) Reply
A challenge I am not sure my eyeballs could meet - but I might want to try for such a pretty dress. Love your fabric - where did you find the magazine??
SewSho said... (5/12/10 9:29 PM) Reply
Lovely dress, well done on the translation and tracing from that mangle of lines!
marec said... (5/12/10 7:40 PM) Reply
It's a beautiful dress, but those instructions hurt my eyes. I'll bet that color is awesome with your hair.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2015-109