Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2603 (Misses Knit Top and Cardi-Wrap)

Reviewed by:Annette Wright

About Annette Wrightstarstarstar
Member since: 10/22/08

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:5/13/10 6:10 PM
RLL said... (5/14/10 3:17 PM) Reply
This looks pretty good on you. A little more tweaking should do it! I too bought the pattern for the top, not the cardi, and I still havn't worked with it.....darn it!
Lucy in Virginia said... (5/14/10 12:47 PM) Reply
Color looks lovely on you. Great looking t!
OP Gal said... (5/14/10 11:44 AM) Reply
Picky, Picky. ; ) It looks better than RTW, and no one would notice the problems you've pointed out. But I understand your wanting to perfect a TNT pattern. It looks like a winner, and you're right, it looks like the Ottobre one and a higher neck version of the Sunshine top. Love the details and extra pictures. It really helps make the review a learning experience.
Annette Wright said... (5/14/10 7:18 AM) Reply
I am working now on the shoulder slope issue, as I'm reading that it can be a cause of the underarm wrinkle thing. It seems more an issue of too much fabric rather than not enough. It's not too tight over the bust though I very likely need a larger front and a smaller back.
o3b said... (5/14/10 3:05 AM) Reply
Since the wrinkles are pointing to your underarms, does the sleeve pattern need more width added to the back sleeve "wing"? The overall width of the sleeve itself looks nice on you. And I like it from the front. I have the Khaliah Ali version (plus sized), and I don't think it has sleeves. At least it didn't when I made it. Maybe I can use the cardi sleeves, though. I've made this in a tank version, and also made the HP Sunshine in a tank version in the same fabric. I like them both; they have a different overall feel to them.
room2ndfloor said... (5/13/10 10:55 PM) Reply
It might be just the photo, but to me it still looks a bit too tight at the bust. I struggle with this, myself.
marec said... (5/13/10 8:49 PM) Reply
Pretty top on you!
Rhoda K said... (5/13/10 6:39 PM) Reply
Your top looks very nice on you.
becca a said... (5/13/10 6:30 PM) Reply
Great looking tee! You've reminded me that I want to try this pattern, too.

by: susandf