Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5525

About elainemaystarstarstar
Member since: 2/4/09

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:5/16/10 4:25 PM

See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
poppykettle said... (4/19/11 1:09 AM) Reply
A stunning coat and a great pick on your fabric - I would never have chosen something like this, but now I've seen the end result, I'll most likely be looking at patterned fabric with a new eye!
bonjones said... (5/19/10 5:33 PM) Reply
Nice job love fabric.
Catbird said... (5/17/10 8:31 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you decided to 'pull the trigger' and get this fabric before it sold out because I really can't imagine a better application for it than this outstanding trench! It oozes style and originality. Beautifully done! I love the pictures, too.
HLT said... (5/17/10 9:43 AM) Reply
This is so chic! Nice details, but still simply done with this liberty like print. Beautiful.
Lynz said... (5/17/10 5:34 AM) Reply
That is a beautiful coat. I really want to make a trench and I hope mine turns out as nice as yours.
AquariJenn said... (5/16/10 9:38 PM) Reply
beautiful! One of these days I'm going to make this pattern. I hope my coat turns out as well as yours.
Lori V said... (5/16/10 9:13 PM) Reply
Great coat.
cboots said... (5/16/10 8:51 PM) Reply
Wow! That is a knockout coat! I love the print with that style; I'm sure you will wear it tons!
AuntieShel said... (5/16/10 7:42 PM) Reply
Wow, that is one awesomely stunning coat!!! Did I say "wow?" Fabric is fabulous, smart thinking to snatch it up before it was gone!! The dress you are wearing underneath is awesome, too!! Did you make that one? This coat is so distinctive, really!!
snuzal said... (5/16/10 6:55 PM) Reply
LOVE it! Beautiful, you could even get away with it as a dress depending on the occasion. Now I know what to make with some fabric I discovered over the weekend!
MNBarb said... (5/16/10 6:41 PM) Reply
Love the fabric, love the fit. What a stand-out garment.
Meredith P said... (5/16/10 6:35 PM) Reply
Because of this one and your Key Lime coat, I now have this pattern...in a much larger size, of course :-) Love it.
RLL said... (5/16/10 6:35 PM) Reply
This is such a great coat. I love the print!
Raye Ann said... (5/16/10 6:30 PM) Reply
beautiful job- i agree that the print demanded more tailoring. excellent!
Time4me said... (5/16/10 6:24 PM) Reply
Really lovely coat. I am glad you stuck with your idea and kept the fabric the main attraction. I think you have created a wonderfully versatile coat as a result.
Peter in NYC said... (5/16/10 6:24 PM) Reply
Very cute and when you're tired of it you can color it in. You look tall in it too!
JanieBee said... (5/16/10 6:01 PM) Reply
Tres chic! Love your blog!!!
FreyaStark said... (5/16/10 5:59 PM) Reply
Very smart and distinctive.
ryansmumAria said... (5/16/10 5:16 PM) Reply
fabulous! you are fabulous~
poplin said... (5/16/10 5:12 PM) Reply
I'm glad I found your blog. Lovely coat. Lovely.
Mazzygirl said... (5/16/10 4:36 PM) Reply
well Elaine, you've done it again! I love this version - very classy! another beautiful sewing effort, well worth the fitting effort I say!

Understanding Knit Fabrics