Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2009-137A (Pencil Skirt)

Reviewed by:Seamingly Simple

About Seamingly Simplestarstarstarstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 12/23/03
Posted on:5/19/10 6:19 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

Heidi Ho said... (5/21/10 0:03 AM) Reply
Great skirt! Good job with the grading.
nellc said... (5/20/10 3:43 PM) Reply
Great skirt, I love the flounce detail on the back.
Frogstitcher said... (5/20/10 10:08 AM) Reply
Fabulous skirt, beautiful suit. This skirt is exactly the right complement to your jacket. Flirty indeed! Thanks for the grading lesson; this leaves me with consideration and opens options for future projects since the plus size designed are often nicer than the others in many of the Burda issues.
ALY said... (5/20/10 8:05 AM) Reply
Cute skirt. love the back flounce. In some of the issues of the Burda magazines, in the instruction section, there is box containing instructions on how to downsize the plus size patterns. I found it to be good info as they have some really nice designs in the Plus sizes
Rebecca D said... (5/20/10 6:50 AM) Reply
Great outfit and I had completely passed that skirt pattern by, never even saw the flounce in the back. I love your skirt.
Sewingelle said... (5/20/10 5:42 AM) Reply
great skirt! I've wondered about grading down some of the plus size patterns to a 42 too, so thanks so much for telling us what you did and showing us its works so well! I like your jacket too, the two make a nice suit
jennybaxt said... (5/20/10 2:52 AM) Reply
Great review - thanks. I am about the same size as you so it in handy to know I could grade down some of those plus size patterns. And nice to see the back of the skirt. I will look this one up.
quathy said... (5/19/10 6:36 PM) Reply
Cute skirt! I have an eye on a couple of Burda Plus sized patterns that will need to reduce, and your info will be quite helpful. Very encouraging! thanks for posting!

by: STARG