Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1027 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:radiolaria

About radiolariastar
ON CANADA
Member since: 4/23/10

Best Patterns of 2008
Posted on:5/20/10 8:03 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

AuntieShel said... (5/23/10 10:35 AM) Reply
Have been waffling on making this again, but your version has convinced me--thank you!! Will take your suggestions and cut a size smaller and make it shorter. Beautiful dress and it looks stunning on you!!
DorothyK said... (5/22/10 8:57 AM) Reply
This is a very nice pattern and you did a great job. Sewing a knit for the first time can be scary, but you seemed to handle it really well. I like the shorter length on you.
kathi s said... (5/21/10 10:02 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and your review has given me the prod I needed to make this dress. I am heavier than you, but it may be ok- your version is very flattering. Thank you for your review.
Barbara V said... (5/21/10 8:26 PM) Reply
That is a really great pattern and style and you've sewn it into a very cute and nice fitting dress!
1SewSweet said... (5/21/10 8:04 PM) Reply
Cool dress and I agree with you, your shorter version is awesome. I love the dancing pose too!!! :)
radiolaria said... (5/21/10 5:50 PM) Reply
Isn't it funny how Toronto's alleyways are instantly recognizable? Thanks everyone for your kind comments! I will definitely hang on to the pattern, but for now I have about six other projects lined up to sew (isn't that always how it goes?) and won't be coming back to this one quite yet. And as for the length change: at first I was worried that I'd hacked off too much! But I soon realized I'd made the right decision. I think the longer version wouldn't have worked nearly as well on me.
Knitters Delight said... (5/21/10 3:18 PM) Reply
What a nice fresh take on this pattern with the length change.
Q Valley Mary said... (5/21/10 11:27 AM) Reply
I agree with the others who have complimented your choice to shorten the dress and have suggested you reconsider making it again. At least don't get rid of the pattern right away. It really does work very well for you.
Sue Anfang said... (5/21/10 10:10 AM) Reply
Great dress. I love your pics, when I saw the 'laneway' shots I thought this HAS to be Toronto!!
TJSEWS said... (5/21/10 9:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful. Good move on shortening the dress. I think it would have overwhelmed your slim figure if it were longer. You look great in it!
kimmielovesparis said... (5/21/10 8:49 AM) Reply
You look fabulous in your dress. The colour and style -- it's beautiful. Thanks for the review.
Lori V said... (5/21/10 7:09 AM) Reply
Very cute dress.
Mazzygirl said... (5/21/10 3:59 AM) Reply
I just love it in that length & colour- so flattering on you! Don't stop at just one, this is such a great pattern you really could do with at least 1 more! i've made several myself & with a change of fabric (& length!) it looks completely different! (have I sold you yet on making another?!)
Leora said... (5/21/10 3:45 AM) Reply
It's totally cute in the shorter length! So flattering.
imsewcrazy said... (5/21/10 1:27 AM) Reply
LOVE IT!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (5/21/10 1:03 AM) Reply
Cute! Love it in that colour!
Gelbean said... (5/20/10 10:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
radiolaria said... (5/20/10 10:15 PM) Reply
Thanks! To make the hem I pressed up the seam allowance, hand-basted it in place, machine-stitched two rows, and then trimmed the excess fabric close to the stitching. I pretty much just followed the pattern instructions, and it all worked out very nicely! :)
HLT said... (5/20/10 9:45 PM) Reply
Nice dress! I like the wrap front.
tholtz said... (5/20/10 8:40 PM) Reply
Looks fantastic, great job! How did you finish your hems?

SewBaby Petal Dress Pattern