Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Trudy Jansen Design> 504 (Wrap Dress (Draped Dress))

Reviewed by:Seamingly Simple

About Seamingly Simplestarstarstarstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 12/23/03
Posted on:5/23/10 7:05 PM

KBT Sewer said... (3/30/11 8:43 AM) Reply
First of all I think your dress looks very elegant and I really like the side fastening. I've just sent for three of Trudy's patterns so, reading others' reviews I think I'll have to check each one out carefully. Having said that when I spoke to Trudy she said to e-mail her if I came across any problems. I agree that her designs are different. I too hadn't heard of her before (I live in the UK) but saw a coat review in Threads and decided to view her website.
AnneM said... (2/10/11 2:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, it looks great on you. And your comments will be helpful for others trying this pattern.
Frogstitcher said... (5/24/10 11:03 AM) Reply
What a great looking dress; it looks sensational on you. I'm excited to try this pattern.
becca a said... (5/24/10 7:25 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! I love the buttons and loops at the side.
Rebecca D said... (5/24/10 6:35 AM) Reply
You've achieved a gorgeous result with this dress. Thanks for the thorough review.
Sanibelle said... (5/24/10 2:50 AM) Reply
What an elegant dress. Really lovely.
Fictionfan said... (5/23/10 11:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! It looks wonderful on you and so versatile. I love these draped and wrapped dresses! Very flattering for many figures. Thanks for those photos of the construction. Did you call Trudy or email to find out what her intention was for the zipper? It seems like she would want to fix that error before she prints the next set. ConnieBJ's review of style 707, golf T-shirt, says that there was a note and a revised piece for one of the parts. Thanks so much for this review!
moushka said... (5/23/10 11:27 PM) Reply
Thank you for the warning about the instructions. Trudy's styles are very attractive, at least in the drawings. Too bad you had to wing it for finishing the front extension, but it doesn't show. Your dress is lovely.
Patti B said... (5/23/10 9:33 PM) Reply
What a lovely dress. Your sewing skills are nicely showcased in this garment. Your review is so helpful and I too hope that her instructions on other patterns are more complete.
mhk3boys said... (5/23/10 8:48 PM) Reply
Your dress is so pretty!
CynthiaSue said... (5/23/10 8:41 PM) Reply
how gorgeous. never heard of her! so glad you pointed her out!
Elle D said... (5/23/10 8:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful results, love your fabric and button choices. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I've been interested in this pattern and wondering what it looks like sewn. And thanks for filling in some of the gaps!

Sew Liberated Aurelia Cardigan