Pattern Reviews> Other> Wardrobe Contest 2010 (Trekking Treefrog)

Reviewed by:treefrog

About treefrogstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 2/13/08
Posted on:6/4/10 10:33 PM
Last Updated:8/30/10 4:01 AM

lyndle said... (9/11/10 1:02 AM) Reply
This is so inspiring! It's a great wardrobe and also awesome to see how much you've saved by sewing it. Now I can see it's possible I'm motivated to improve my sewing so I can have some actual fitting outdoor pants (too short and chubby to fit bought ones). It's really cool to see someone taking up this challenge in a different way, too.
CTBarb said... (9/1/10 2:45 PM) Reply
I am so impressed with your professional finishing on these athletic garments. You have created a wonderful wardrobe. Bravo!
sarahinlafayette said... (8/31/10 9:58 PM) Reply
THis is a great idea, and you made some beautiful garments. Now you've got me thinking that next year I'll do a "week on the road with only a small backpack" wardrobe. Including, of course, wool jersey and stretch mesh.
squirrellypoo said... (8/31/10 7:49 AM) Reply
Utterly fantastic, and I love your price comparisons. While I'm a runner rather than a hiker, I truly believe that sportswear is one area where we really can significantly save money by sewing ourselves!
treefrog said... (8/31/10 3:39 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the wonderful comments. It is so encouraging.
JEF said... (8/30/10 6:26 PM) Reply
I am in awe.
MNBarb said... (8/30/10 1:12 PM) Reply
You really are an amazing engineer of technical clothing and have wonderful sewing skills. I'm amazed! How wonderful to have garments to meet your exact recreational needs.
marec said... (8/30/10 9:46 AM) Reply
I've been following along silently and now can say: your outdoor wardrobe is wonderful!! I love the zip off hiking pants but really, all of your pieces could be happy in my closet.
Nancywin said... (8/30/10 9:38 AM) Reply
What a great, practical wardrobe! Outdoor gear can be so pricey, and then not exactly fit your needs. Now you have exactly what you want. Looks great.
barebear said... (8/30/10 7:48 AM) Reply
Awesome! Your composite is so much fun, and your pieces turned out so good!
Janine S said... (8/25/10 11:45 PM) Reply
Fantastic! Love all the pieces.
Doctor Sister said... (8/25/10 7:29 PM) Reply
I'm jealous of the whole thing. Want to sew a whole 'nother wardrobe for someone in the states????? Sis
julie w said... (8/25/10 4:45 AM) Reply
What a fantastic wardrobe, I'm impressed by the thought and hardwork that has been put into it. Thanks for the detailed reviews including info on the hi-tech fabrics used. I am in awe of your self drafted pants.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (8/25/10 0:11 AM) Reply
What an amazing wardrobe, so well thought out and technically challenging. Love seeing it come together. Bravo!
fuzzygalore said... (8/17/10 6:34 AM) Reply
I think you could definitely be trendy all around if you consider your consistent use of the most modern technical fabrics available. Anyway, this is really great, thanks for giving all those details!
LizBa said... (8/16/10 8:28 PM) Reply
I am in awe....
carnelian said... (7/11/10 11:32 PM) Reply
Having nearly always met the revered makers/impossible fit quandry, I wish you success and hope that you will share further details of your construction and fitting process.
goosegreen said... (6/6/10 11:06 PM) Reply
I'm really looking forward to seeing your wardrobe come to life! I've always wanted to sew outdoors/rec fabric. You've actually inspired me to sew an Icebreaker knock off!
Kathy in NM said... (6/5/10 10:09 AM) Reply
I like your wardrobe theme! Of course, the item that really catches my eye is your self-drafted top. I'm going to keep this in mind for the fall. Looking forward to more updates for the contest.
sugarduck said... (6/5/10 4:41 AM) Reply
I love the idea behind your wardrobe. Can't wait to see the final collection!
CTBarb said... (6/4/10 9:01 AM) Reply
I love your concept and your designs. Activewear is something I haven't sewn so I am looking forward to seeing your interpretations.
Ericaeli said... (6/3/10 12:21 PM) Reply
I am really looking forward to seeing your wardrobe sewn up. I love the style of clothes you make.
HLT said... (6/3/10 8:31 AM) Reply
Great sketches!
Diane333 said... (5/27/10 7:27 AM) Reply
obviously you have multiple talents...sewing and drawing
o3b said... (5/27/10 6:25 AM) Reply
Your story board is so artistic.
Sharonspils said... (5/27/10 1:45 AM) Reply
I can't wait to see your progress, it is going to be so good and may even get me sewing gortex.
Michele Lommasson said... (5/26/10 5:17 PM) Reply
Love your concept. These look like clothes I would love to wear. Happy hiking!
Laurie Lou said... (5/26/10 3:26 PM) Reply
Holy Cow! this looks very ambitious! Good luck to you!
psm484 said... (5/26/10 1:22 PM) Reply
I voted for you on the last wardrobe challenge so I'm excited to see what you do with this one. It looks like another hit!
Diane E said... (5/26/10 11:15 AM) Reply
Your story board makes me want to learn how to draw. So cool, and I love the wardrobe, too!

by: petro