Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB021WT (Weekender Travel Bag)

Reviewed by:Mary Nanna

About Mary Nannastarstar
NEW ZEALAND
Member since: 4/6/08
Posted on:5/27/10 10:36 PM

eclectickim said... (7/4/11 0:11 AM) Reply
Thank you for being so honest about the cost of the bag! It looks cute - but some things are cheaper to buy RTW than make yourself. Super cute bag, though. Great job!
Hilary said... (9/8/10 11:37 AM) Reply
Expensive, yes-but SOOOO lovely!! I really like your bag, it's beautiful!! Great job on the piping, and thanks for the tips!
kiwikaty said... (5/31/10 10:17 AM) Reply
A great bag. Thank you for sharing the tips!
kiwikaty said... (5/31/10 10:17 AM) Reply
A great bag. Thank you for sharing the tips!
Nancy Rhodes said... (5/29/10 10:17 AM) Reply
WOW! is that a sharp bag!!! It looks so perfect & precise & details just so... has that right out of a pricey shop look. Thank you for sharing...
JDpenelope said... (5/28/10 4:42 PM) Reply
Beautiful bag! Thanks for your helpful tips, also. I have this pattern, and am gearing up to making it, after a few more that are queued up first. Your skill in bag sewing is quite evident. To anyone who has not yet sewn a bag -- Don't start with this one!
Portia Hirschman said... (5/28/10 1:28 PM) Reply
Thank you, thank you for this timely review! I have my pattern cut, fabric laid out and ready--and along comes your review! You did a beautiful job on this bag. Congratulations in only breaking two needles!
Jali said... (5/28/10 1:09 PM) Reply
Love your review! After hearing so much about this pattern (mostly on the side of nasty) its nice to see your positive spin with the tightwad's guide. Surely useful for my attempt at making a bag(should that day ever come of course:)).
gatorgirl4325 said... (5/28/10 12:07 PM) Reply
Super bag - love your fabric and love your cost-saving tips even more!
squirrellypoo said... (5/28/10 6:57 AM) Reply
I'm totally in awe of anyone who can finish this bag without bodily scars, let alone end up with such a GORGEOUS bag! Well done!
Terri Smith said... (5/28/10 0:55 AM) Reply
I don't think you are a tightwad; I think you are wise beyond your years! I have never made a bag before, but I will remember your review and your warnings if I ever decide to try one. Thank you so much.
dingyadi said... (5/28/10 0:39 AM) Reply
Just gorgeous! It is a fantastic and unique bag.
ryansmumAria said... (5/28/10 0:36 AM) Reply
Excellent! So well done I just made a summer bag and whined that it cost me $40 to make which I thought was insanely expensive. Now $75 is ALOT but your bag is beyond fabulous!
ClaireEmily said... (5/28/10 0:11 AM) Reply
Great review - thank you! I never gave great thougt to how expensive it would be to sew a bag. Your bag is great though! If it's as hard as a lined jacket I won't be making one any time soon =)
Schnauzer said... (5/27/10 10:43 PM) Reply
What a lovely job you have made of this bag. Superb!

by: cleverkitt...