Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2005-111 (Wedding Dress)

Viewed 1967 times

Upcycle sewing patterns

ChristineX said... (12/5/10 0:15 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!
RobinMCPA said... (6/20/10 11:18 AM) Reply
Wow, that is so impressive! Congratulations on winning the contest, also. What a great accomplishment!
khurtdvm said... (6/16/10 10:19 PM) Reply
Georgeous!
amy in mpls said... (6/16/10 9:59 PM) Reply
The bride and dress and gorgeous! What a great sister :)
ClioBklyn said... (6/16/10 3:45 PM) Reply
So elegant!
pipet said... (6/15/10 9:01 PM) Reply
Wow, absolutely beautiful! I love your adaptation and it looks like you've been sewing formalwear for years. You're sister is so lucky and looks stunning in your creation!
rozzybabe said... (6/13/10 8:22 PM) Reply
I have found that the 2 reference books you used can take a sewer that hasn't done structured, intricate formalwear before & make them look like a pro first time. Your construction & design changes obviously worked very well, & for a "non" hand sewer, that's top notch as well! Gorgeous bride & bridal party, I hope you'll remember your achievement for a long time!
Karendee said... (6/13/10 7:38 PM) Reply
This is the star of your sister's wedding and a gift to last a lifetime. You are a one of a kind generous sister. Congratulations on your beautiful garment.
Robin Denning said... (6/13/10 1:12 PM) Reply
What an accomplishment! Congratulations on a superb gown. Your sister looks like a model for BWOF. Love the choices, too ... the charmuese, the silk, etc. Truly spectacular.
Raye Ann said... (6/13/10 12:55 PM) Reply
Very, very beautiful. I hope you have enough recovery time before your own wedding to tackle a gown of your own!!
Meredith P said... (6/12/10 1:23 PM) Reply
Wow! I can't believe you hadn't done this before (formalwear sewing). You handled it like a pro! I'm off to search for bridesmaids dresses. I hope you have or will review them, or post pictures here :-)
DesignsByDenise said... (6/11/10 2:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. Hand sewing isn't quite the chore that most people think it is, and you get so much return for your time! We'd love to see a picture from the wedding if you can get one! I like the way the hem stands out just a little - I'm sure that made it much easier for the bride. Lovely job all around!
melaniejade31 said... (6/10/10 2:27 AM) Reply
You did an absolutely INCREDIBLE job!
Sew it seams said... (6/8/10 8:50 PM) Reply
I love your dress. I really love the lace over the straps.
Sew4Fun said... (6/8/10 7:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. What more can I say.
AnneM said... (6/5/10 9:27 PM) Reply
Lovely dress, and great wedding gift.
squirrellypoo said... (6/4/10 7:10 AM) Reply
Utterly gorgeous! I hope my wedding gown turns out half as beautiful. And I totally understand about the handstitching...
alviana said... (6/2/10 11:05 PM) Reply
awesome! i'm going to vote for you. u look absolutely georgous!
Nancy K said... (6/2/10 10:58 PM) Reply
beautiful! I love the lines and elegance of your dress.
Nancy K said... (6/2/10 10:58 PM) Reply
beautiful! I love the lines and elegance of your dress.
purple dot said... (6/1/10 10:42 PM) Reply
Thanks for all of your lovely comments! The wedding went very smoothly (the bridesmaids had dresses!), and we had beautiful weather.
MaryDB said... (6/1/10 0:26 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress, beautiful work, lucky sister.
Jobie said... (6/1/10 0:00 AM) Reply
Amazing
SoVintage said... (5/31/10 11:15 PM) Reply
Stunning
Auntchelle said... (5/30/10 10:06 PM) Reply
I love the back! A perfect dress for a beach wedding. Well done.
JoanneM said... (5/30/10 7:43 AM) Reply
wow! looks lovely!!!!
sugarduck said... (5/30/10 3:42 AM) Reply
Very pretty wedding dress! Great job and good luck with the bridesmaid dresses!
Seaspur said... (5/30/10 0:33 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful! Your sister is very lucky.
Re Becca said... (5/29/10 7:41 PM) Reply
Incredible! Especially since you hadn't had a fitting since December, I am amazed that she even stayed the same size. You did a great job, better than the photo I think.
Aroura said... (5/29/10 6:25 PM) Reply
Wow, three days away! The brides dress looks really lovely though. Simple but elegant, I've always liked that best in a wedding gown, too. The lace is just beautiful. Great job!
Ann Smith said... (5/29/10 6:23 PM) Reply
Beautiful. I think you better get on with those bridesmaids dresses! What are you thinking??