Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1090 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:ConnieBJ

About ConnieBJstarstar
ON Canada
Member since: 12/31/03
Posted on:5/31/10 1:31 PM
Last Updated:5/31/10 1:33 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
ImListening said... (5/26/12 5:47 PM) Reply
Thank your for your review. You refer to other reviews, but as of my viewing, yours is the only review of this pattern here. Your dress looks nice. The color combination you chose looks fresh.
SavageCoco said... (1/6/12 1:17 AM) Reply
I made this dress last summer. It looks great on YOU. Me - absolutely horrid. I did superb construction, probably the nicest work I've ever done. And it ended up in the recycle pile. DB said it was just horrid. But YOURS - gorgeous on you! Lesson learned - shoulda made a mock-up.
valkyrie01 said... (8/22/11 1:39 AM) Reply
The dress looks great on you! I am a fellow Canadian who also made it, btw, with linen from the downtown Toronto Fabricland, which (tragically) has closed down! I made the body in a mustard yellow and the hem, cuffs and neckline in orange. It is a VERY comfortable dress. I actually sewed most of this by hand as I was enjoying the feel of the linen. I would suggest that you line it; I lined it in silk chiffon (which actually was more $$ than the linen!) which feels delicious, but you could get away with a regular lining fabric. I find that the dress moves better with the lining and has a bit of weight, which is not thick or cumbersome. It helps the dress hang, swing and sit well. One thing I think is that they should suggest shoulder pads. This is a square shaped dress that is almost independent of the body when worn, so the shoulder pads help it hang by giving the shoulders a better shape. I myself would make it again if I did not already have so many patterns left to be made in my stash! Overall great job and it looks good on you!
miriamlaila said... (1/2/11 9:17 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! you've inspired me to try it. I love the colour choice too - looks so sharp and fresh.
Margaret said... (6/2/10 11:33 AM) Reply
Very nice, love the colors!
moushka said... (6/1/10 5:52 PM) Reply
Super sixties vibe, smashing in navy and white. Great dress, very flattering.
Babe B said... (6/1/10 9:36 AM) Reply
Groovy!
jaeng said... (6/1/10 9:00 AM) Reply
Love this dress. Great fabric and color choice.
carnelian said... (5/31/10 8:35 PM) Reply
Yes...rummaging/organizing is inspiring. Thanks for your informative and companionable review.
Gelbean said... (5/31/10 7:29 PM) Reply
Great dress Connie. So glad I got to see it in person.
BlossomKyle said... (5/31/10 5:44 PM) Reply
It was so cool to see it in person!!!
Nancy K said... (5/31/10 3:45 PM) Reply
I also bought this pattern as soon as it came out and I have yet to make it. It looks great on you and thanks for the tips on the sleeves.
Rhoda K said... (5/31/10 2:51 PM) Reply
Very nice - love this pattern.

The Technique of Underlining Garments