Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Last Updated:6/6/10 8:29 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people

lareine said... (6/6/10 2:24 AM) Reply
Thanks all for the comments. I do have some other shirt patterns that I am going to try, and I've emailed HotPatterns with the problems that I found. At the very least, they need to look at the quality control of their printing process. Glad it's not only me who had the too-small cuffs issue!
sewmoesew said... (6/5/10 5:08 PM) Reply
I too have found HP to be very difficult. I have found that the patterns I've made, the wrist (cuffs) are always too small.
Fran G said... (6/5/10 7:56 AM) Reply
A sad experience for you! I've never sewn a HP and the unfortunate reviews do not encourage me to do so. I am sure you can find a pattern that works much better for you.
CarolynGM said... (6/4/10 5:02 PM) Reply
You did the best you could possibly do with a difficult pattern. There are plenty of really nice shirt patterns available that won't be so hard to work with.
FreyaStark said... (6/4/10 6:24 AM) Reply
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. If you wanted to try again you could find another shirt in the same style from other brands, especially McCalls, which have better instructions and less cluttered tissue.
Kayseri said... (6/4/10 5:50 AM) Reply
What a shame this didn't work, it sounds like you gave it a good go. Better luck next time.
sewsue said... (6/4/10 0:48 AM) Reply
Thanks for an honest review. I too have had similar experiences with Hot Patterns, and would not recommend them for a beginner at all. I understand your not wanting to continue, and I have "binned" a couple of patterns, and garments before they were even finished. Very disappointing..

J Stern Designs The Tee Paper Pattern