Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3076 (Pet Coats)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02
Posted on:4/25/04 0:25 AM
Last Updated:7/21/07 11:10 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Pets

Other Projects by Debbie Cook using this Pattern

ColorMeHome said... (11/20/10 2:16 PM) Reply
Your 4 legged children are adorable!
Annette1 said... (7/24/07 0:50 AM) Reply
What healthy, happy little pups you have; their coats are so nice and shiny. I love their little coats that you've styled for them. :o) Thanks for the great review!
krystalkaes said... (7/23/07 2:37 PM) Reply
Oh my! Cute doggies. Thank you for this review. We have two little doggies who get a little chilled on their winter walks.
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/23/07 10:29 AM) Reply
awww - Chili is so cute! What a great idea to use t-shirts for the coats. You are so smart. : )
Debbie Cook said... (7/22/07 11:09 PM) Reply
Debbie Cook said... (7/22/07 9:42 PM) Reply
The reason for the latest couple of shirts is that the two youngest dogs are very rough players and the Jack Russell (Chili) was getting his armpits roughed up. The shirts are for protection from Dani's puppy teeth. The first one I made for our oldest dog (Pepper) is just because I think it's cute and it was a great way to make something with my then-new coverstitch machine.
Seamingly Simple said... (7/22/07 8:39 PM) Reply
These look great and I really like your idea of repurposing T-shirts to make stylish dog wear. One day you'll have to tell us why dogs need coats in Florida (keeps tho dog hair under control?).
Mary Stiefer said... (7/22/07 4:16 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dogs with gorgeous sweaters. Great job.
casken said... (7/22/07 10:58 AM) Reply
Just too cute!
Deb Fox said... (7/22/07 8:19 AM) Reply
Debbie, just too cute! I wonder if my 70 lb husky/doberman mix would wear something like this? NOT! But your sweetheart looks wonderful.
Schnauzer said... (7/22/07 2:31 AM) Reply
Debbie, 'Princess Pepper' looks gorgeous in her new coat. Looks like there is a style to suit my schnauzer too. Maybe for next winter!
CatherineN said... (2/16/05 3:35 PM) Reply
A Florida dog with crystals on his coat? Will wonders never cease?
KitnRose said... (4/25/04 8:52 PM) Reply
Cute model and very nice shirt for her. You're giving me dog-envy. It's hard to sew for my beta fish.
CyberNewt said... (4/25/04 6:45 PM) Reply
I love your Dog T-Shirt! I have this pattern too so it is great to see a review for it.
Oziroo said... (4/25/04 6:15 PM) Reply
Neat job, Debbie. My son wants to make something for his chihuahua, so I may investigate this and see if it can somehow be made small enough!
Debbie Cook said... (4/25/04 3:12 PM) Reply
Ruth, thank you! The crystals do hold up in the wash very well.
Ruth C said... (4/25/04 1:55 PM) Reply
What a cute coat! and Pepper looks so proud! I've been think about using those heat set crystals on a project, but have wondered how sturdy they are--would they survive washing?
Gigi Louis said... (4/25/04 8:01 AM) Reply
What an adorable tee for your sweet little pooch!
Debbie Cook said... (4/25/04 2:52 AM) Reply
Thank you Penelope. Pepper has been wearing her new shirt for a few hours now and doesn't seem to mind it a bit. I think she likes being officially Princess instead of just our usual inferences! My new machine is a Babylock Coverstitch machine. I'm still wrestling with the tensions.
JDpenelope said... (4/25/04 1:25 AM) Reply
Debbie, You did a very nice job, with nice touches on this shirt. Princess looks pleased, too. My dog is a tiny dachshund with short legs, so anything with "sleeves" or legs just won't work! This shirt is a possibility--although my Candy usually objects, indignantly, to pullovers! May I ask what kind of new machine you bought?

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2013-127

by: grays08

by: LizJaneB

TROUSER DRAFT - A CD book by Kenneth King

TROUSER DRAFT - A CD book by Kenneth King

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)