Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2010-104 (Flouncy balloon dress)

Reviewed by:EveS

About EveSstarstarstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 11/26/06
Posted on:6/16/10 8:17 AM

Christas said... (6/21/10 10:53 PM) Reply
I simply love your reviews .... oh, I LOVE the dress too! Everything about it is v-e-r-y CUTE ! I think it looks great on you! Those flounces - wow, perfection inside and out!
Lili123 said... (6/18/10 9:32 AM) Reply
i love your dress, it's very beautiful and very well done.
chrisquilts_2 said... (6/17/10 3:28 PM) Reply
Nope...that is the PERFECT length for you. You look fresh! It truly flatters. Thanks for pointing out all the gotchas.
crisford said... (6/17/10 12:22 PM) Reply
Wow, what a great review! Felt like I was right there, beside you, with you showing me your dress, which is gorgeous! That rolled hem, absolutely beautiful! Great to see somebody taking the trouble to do that. Whenever I wonder if something is too young for me, I ask my teenage daughter, who stands to acquire the garment in question. Assuredly, she denys it, and says that she loves it on me, bless her heart. Then I usually give it to her after I wear it a few times.
Fictionfan said... (6/17/10 9:54 AM) Reply
Thanks for the excellent review, Eve. It is great to see how nice this dress can look on someone who has flesh on her bones, LOL! I would not have expected it to look so nice on someone who isn't a stick figure. BTW, I think you are wrong about the length making you look 10# heavier. That balloon hem at this length looks great, the whole style looks comfortable and flattering on you. It is very easy to see why you love the dress so much. I hope you get a lot of wear from it after all that beautiful work!
Eyeadaba said... (6/17/10 2:41 AM) Reply
This is beautiful. Thanks for such a detailed review. Your hand rolled hem is perfection! Great dress.
amy in mpls said... (6/16/10 10:02 PM) Reply
great dress! i LOOOVE that fabric!
Time4me said... (6/16/10 2:05 PM) Reply
I have so much to say, something along the lines of I GET IT. However, what I will say is...LOVE YOUR DRESS. You look wonderful.
Seaspur said... (6/16/10 1:13 PM) Reply
Wow! Gorgeous dress (I can't even imagine doing hand-rolled hems) and great review.
michellep74 said... (6/16/10 1:11 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! And I think it's perfectly flattering and NOT too young on you. Just a great summer dress!
inkstain said... (6/16/10 1:00 PM) Reply
Wonderful, funny, well-written review. And congrats on that hand-rolled hem, which indeedy, wasn't possible on my poly. You've proven that is does pay off to use good quality, natural fabric. You've really captured the summer spirit with this dress.
cindy-lou said... (6/16/10 11:33 AM) Reply
Eve, Eve, Eve... I've been off the grid for a whole year now, almost afraid to try to sew again. What will get me back there? YOUR reviews! Love your dress. You have inspired me to jump right back into a Burda, both feet first, and get it reviewed here asap. Thanks for a great review and a great dress idea!
Aroura said... (6/16/10 11:14 AM) Reply
Great dress, and wonderful review! It looks wonderful on you.
annie11 said... (6/16/10 9:36 AM) Reply
Wonderful dress! Your fabric is gorgeous and your hand rolled hem on the flounces is perfection. Great job!
dbsewer said... (6/16/10 8:38 AM) Reply
Very sweet dress. Thanks for a great review. Yes, I have fallen in love with styles that seemed to young for me or weren't exactly right for my figure, but I stick out my lowered bust point and walk proudly anyway. If it makes you smile, wear it.

by: nanneke