Pattern Reviews> Mrs. Stylebook Magazine> MRS154(32A/156) (spring coat made of linen)

Reviewed by:jaeng

About jaengstar
NJ USA
Member since: 3/8/06
Posted on:6/15/10 1:55 PM

bananaoil said... (6/25/10 11:24 PM) Reply
I have this issue and never noticed these details on the coat! I like your version. I thought this was just another trench coat.
ConnieBJ said... (6/23/10 12:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful Jaeng! I think it was worth the effort!
Athene said... (6/18/10 0:51 AM) Reply
Very beautiful and special. Well worth all the time and effort.
Jali said... (6/17/10 5:59 AM) Reply
What a beautiful coat! All that work was truly worth it.
Sarsez said... (6/17/10 2:25 AM) Reply
Really gorgeous. Perfect.
Catbird said... (6/16/10 5:01 PM) Reply
I love it when I see your name pop up in the gallery because I know I'm in for an unusual treat, and this is no exception. What a fantastic one-of-a-kind coat! I agree with Mary M. Mohr that you'd be unlikely to find such a stunning and unique design from another source. Even though this was a difficult project, the result is wonderful, and I hope you take on another Mrs. Stylebook pattern soon!
Karendee said... (6/16/10 3:14 PM) Reply
What a glorious coat--one I could never make. I have a hard time even following the pattern layout. LOL. Anyway, you've done a beautiful job. Enjoy your new coat!
Mary M. Mohr said... (6/16/10 12:17 PM) Reply
This is wonderful. You might have a hard time finding anything so stunning in Burda or other commercial patterns. Your hard work reaped its rewards!
Mary M. Mohr said... (6/16/10 12:17 PM) Reply
DorothyK said... (6/16/10 12:03 PM) Reply
Stunning coat. I love all the details. Beautiful job.
jaeng said... (6/16/10 11:19 AM) Reply
I'm appreciated your kind words.
jennybaxt said... (6/16/10 2:30 AM) Reply
This is so beautiful!
Tailypo said... (6/16/10 1:02 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous coat! I am very impressed. I would never have the patience. You are amazing!
Annette1 said... (6/16/10 0:39 AM) Reply
This is DARLING! I LOVE every little impeccable detail, as well as your fabric choice. Very unique and stylish. :o)
21wale said... (6/15/10 11:41 PM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful coat.
Diane E said... (6/15/10 10:03 PM) Reply
This is absolutely stunning. I love the pleated collar and the fabric. What a success!
dingyadi said... (6/15/10 7:48 PM) Reply
Your coat is stunning. The collar and other details are gorgeous. The Mrs Stylebook pattern drafting process looks daunting.
BillieJean said... (6/15/10 7:33 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful coat!
valerie sews said... (6/15/10 5:30 PM) Reply
What a stunning coat. I love all the details that give this a couture look and I appreciate the amount of work this must have taken.
Patti B said... (6/15/10 4:41 PM) Reply
Gorgeous coat! You are a brave sewist!
alibi said... (6/15/10 4:34 PM) Reply
Your coat looks great! I'm really impressed.
MarshaG. said... (6/15/10 4:20 PM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL! Well done.
Dale C said... (6/15/10 2:46 PM) Reply
My mom brought back that issue of Mrs Stylebook for me and I've been wanting to try some of the patterns out. I like the way your coat turned out, but it sure looks complicated to draft it.
poplin said... (6/15/10 2:41 PM) Reply
Wow! You brave girl. I knew drafting an MSB coat will be time consuming. But this pattern is even more so! Your coat turned out beautifully. Thank you for the review and photos!

Understanding Interfacings