Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2481 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:navychick

About navychick
Member since: 6/9/10
Posted on:6/16/10 3:06 PM
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
navychick said... (3/13/14 1:00 PM) Reply
janwright, sorry, I didn't see your question until now. I was revisiting my review as I plan on making it again for a Ball in April. I don't think I put in boning other than where the pattern marked it. Because every fabric used in the top, interlining and lining, it all stayed well in place but woven fabric may require more boning at the back
janwright said... (1/5/12 2:53 PM) Reply
I don't know if you will see this since it's been a while since you posted. The foundation pattern piece for the middle back has the markings for the boning but the directions only show front sides and back sides with boning. Do you remember if you put two more boning pieces in the middle back? Thanks!
E1izabeth said... (8/31/10 12:09 PM) Reply
I was wondering how well this pattern might work with a fabric that had some stretch and your review gave me just the information I was looking for. Congrats on a beautiful finish!
JodieT said... (6/17/10 0:14 AM) Reply
Wow, this looks fabulous on you! You did such a beautiful job. I want to make this. I am also an inverted triangle.
navychick said... (6/16/10 7:09 PM) Reply
Hi margk, if you access the review through another route (go to Vogue patterns>formalwear, and then click on the pattern, you should be able to access the photo. I hope you get to see it as I was thrilled with it!
margk said... (6/16/10 6:19 PM) Reply
So glad this turned out well. Your photo won't enlarge, so I can't see a picture. Would love to see this dress as I have made it as well. I also loved the foundation and the effect it has.

by: bobbincat