Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7557 (DRESS)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Available for sale on PR: $7.46 $9.95 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $7.46 $9.95 Pattern Details
lizzys said... (10/6/13 7:01 AM) Reply
I've loved this style and looked for it for years. Only when I got home did I realize it was a petite. Bummer! I will go with the hint of making it in muslin first. But at the rate I sew, I may be wearing a white muslin dress when the occasion arrives.
imsewcrazy said... (7/11/10 12:46 PM) Reply
Don't know how i missed this review! This is a gorgeous dress!! And the fabric is to die for!! The fit is perfect!! You look stunnning. Great job!!!
Heatherrique said... (6/24/10 3:38 PM) Reply
Very lively and pretty dress! This is one of my new favorite outfit on you!
Nancywin said... (6/22/10 9:19 PM) Reply
thanks, everyone, for all of your support. I'm really glad I made this!
Tiner W said... (6/22/10 10:14 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress--you definitely made it work! I actually have that same fabric. I'm glad to see it sews up so nicely.
Kayseri said... (6/22/10 2:56 AM) Reply
I love this fabric and your dress shows it off beautifully. I especially like the pattern placement, the result is very flattering.
lamstu said... (6/22/10 0:02 AM) Reply
So pretty. I like this very interesting fabric - surface texture and print and colors. Then you made a well-fitted and well-made dress. Doesn't get better than this!
KarmenG said... (6/21/10 9:54 PM) Reply
Nancy - I LOVE that dress on you - wonderful silhouette!
Immelu said... (6/21/10 9:36 PM) Reply
You're not the only one!!! I bought this and was quite annoyed to realize it was a petite once I got home! I haven't had a chance to make it yet. Your's looks fantastic!
Terri Smith said... (6/21/10 8:00 PM) Reply
I experienced the same dart/skirt connection problem when I made a Burda shift dress. But I didn't have the skills back them to figure out how to fix it! Thanks for the review and the pointers!
sewbehind said... (6/21/10 6:33 PM) Reply
This is lovely on you, Nancy. You did a great job.
Rhoda K said... (6/21/10 3:42 PM) Reply
I love your dress and fabric. It looks so good on you. I've been following on your blog, too ;-)
marec said... (6/21/10 3:02 PM) Reply
I saw this on your blog---very pretty, especially in that lovely green floral.
ryansmumAria said... (6/21/10 2:57 PM) Reply
Wow what a great figure and the dress is fabulous too!
persevering said... (6/21/10 2:42 PM) Reply
What a fabulous fit, fabric, and fashion that won't date! Thanks for your review with pictures.
Ann Smith said... (6/21/10 2:40 PM) Reply
I love this on you. The fabric is terrific and the shape/style very flattering. I'm glad you didn't do the sleeves.
MNBarb said... (6/21/10 2:23 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful dress on you. Good for you for not giving up when finding out you had a petite pattern. I think you look better than that skinny model on the envelope.
Re Becca said... (6/21/10 2:14 PM) Reply
You really look fabulous, and so slim! I would have never guessed that you made it a bigger size on the bottom. You did a great job on the fit, and thanks for the heads up about the darts.
AuntieShel said... (6/21/10 1:59 PM) Reply
LOVE your dress!! Will have to check this pattern out--while I am in no way petite, I love the style!!

by: Rosie who...