Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1182 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

Last Updated:6/20/10 10:26 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 36 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Fictionfan said... (7/16/10 5:54 PM) Reply
Thanks for your excellent photos. I've cited them in my review of this pattern. Too bad I did not look at them before I made my dress! As everyone else has said, you did a beautiful job and have a truly gorgeous dress!
Annapolissewing said... (7/14/10 10:36 PM) Reply
Way to go with this dress. I saw this on the Vogue website and thought it would take a brave person (or very skilled) to take on this project. So bravo to you for taking it on and doing such a good job with it.
Erin D said... (7/2/10 0:14 AM) Reply
Wow, I learned a lot just from your review. Your dress is fabulous!
JessB said... (7/1/10 1:37 AM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous Kay. You are my sewing inspiration!
mamaluv2sew said... (6/30/10 2:40 PM) Reply
Amazing Work! You are an inspiration indeed! Love the details...it's the lawyer in you!
PolishPoppy said... (6/30/10 8:28 AM) Reply
I really LOVE your dress and all teh info/pics you provided!
lacroise1 said... (6/30/10 4:46 AM) Reply
Hi Kay, The dress was even more beautiful in person. So nice to meet you at PR Weekend Montreal.
Athene said... (6/23/10 2:30 AM) Reply
As everyone has already said, absolutely beautiful and you look so lovely in it. Love reading your reviews.
Matilda M said... (6/22/10 11:44 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress--elegant as can be. Thanks for all the good instructions. I have no where to wear this little beauty, but it might be fun to make just for the learning experience!
Margaret said... (6/22/10 9:36 PM) Reply
Wonderful dress! It was great to see it -- and you :) in person at the weekend!
EyeSew1 said... (6/22/10 8:27 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job! I am working on this same dress for a nieces wedding. Your tips were very helpful!
Catbird said... (6/22/10 7:53 PM) Reply
I wish I could have seen this in person! What a perfect dress for the occasion, well-fitted and exquisitely made. You look beautiful in it, and as always I'm really grateful for the time you take to document your process. I know that it adds a lot of time to a project, but it's so helpful and so much appreciated.
Sigrid. said... (6/22/10 3:11 AM) Reply
Simply love the dress: as always impeccably made and the fit is perfect. The end result is gorgeous. Hope you find many occassions for wearing it.
Christas said... (6/21/10 4:14 PM) Reply
Absolutely GORGEOUS dress! I don't think the fit could be any better. I love all the extra construction details you have included in your review .... so perfect, as always!
marec said... (6/21/10 3:05 PM) Reply
Very lovely dress, and thank you for the sewing lesson!! :-) Wonderfully detailed review.
Sweetiebop said... (6/21/10 2:18 PM) Reply
Such a great dress especially to be made for a PR event. I just know you were a hit. Thanks so much for the review.
ggf2005 said... (6/21/10 2:10 PM) Reply
bravo!
Annette1 said... (6/21/10 2:02 PM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, both YOU and the DRESS! A GREAT review, as well. You've achieved a PERFECT fit. :o)
AuntieShel said... (6/21/10 1:55 PM) Reply
Not sure what I can add that hasn't already been said--stunning, work-of-art, exquisite, perfect fit...did I leave anything out?? Beautiful dress!!!
Linda G said... (6/21/10 12:58 PM) Reply
I have been waiting for your dress because I lurk around daily on your blog. This dress is beautiful. It brings back memories of the types of hand sewing I would do for 4-H competition as a high school kid. I had forgotten all about the little "hangy" snap technique. I still do use the thread technique to attach skirt lining. (When I am not finishing the outfit 20 minutes before I need it) The fit is superb, you deserve a purple ribbon!!!
MaryDB said... (6/21/10 12:40 PM) Reply
Love it! Beautiful work, lovely dress.
Ericaeli said... (6/21/10 12:23 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful dress, and it looks amazing on you.
RLL said... (6/21/10 10:52 AM) Reply
Oh yea, great craftsmanship with a stunning outcome.
Carol Mendoza said... (6/21/10 10:41 AM) Reply
Beautiful job. I have this pattern and have wanted to give it a try. Your review has inspired me.
ryansmumAria said... (6/21/10 10:38 AM) Reply
oh, my, just beautiful!
sewbehind said... (6/21/10 10:26 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress, Kay. Your review was a tutorial! Thanks so much. You do lovely work.
Mahler said... (6/21/10 10:11 AM) Reply
Magnifique et tellement parfait sur toi !!! You looked so wonderful !!!!!!!!!!!!!
cmarie12 said... (6/21/10 9:47 AM) Reply
Amazing how much hand work and detailing you put into this dress! It's beautiful and looks fantastic on you!
Julia C said... (6/21/10 9:28 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress & very helpful information on fitting.
tess said... (6/21/10 9:11 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful in every way, the fit the style the colour and as has been said before the attention you paid to the fine detail is absolutely stunning! You should definately be up for winning a prize for this dress!!
mylittleelephant said... (6/21/10 9:11 AM) Reply
I enjoy watching the process of your muslin a lot, and the beautiful dress that's promised by your muslin, lovely!
Rhoda K said... (6/21/10 9:08 AM) Reply
I'll have to ditto all above and compliment your hand sewing as well. Great job and beautiful dress.
lamstu said... (6/21/10 9:03 AM) Reply
I also loved this pattern the minute that I saw it. Seeing your beautiful dress makes me love it even more! If only I had somewhere to wear it....
mistygirl902 said... (6/21/10 9:02 AM) Reply
This is absolutely exquisite! Truly couture. I just can't say enough. Well done.
donna mel said... (6/21/10 8:53 AM) Reply
love that dress, kay!!
SheBear0320 said... (6/21/10 8:44 AM) Reply
Another who saw it in person and the computer does not do the true colour justice. Stunning dress and, as someone else said, impeccable fit. Fabulous job Kay!
carolynw said... (6/21/10 8:17 AM) Reply
Another one who saw this dress in person and it is absolutely gorgeous - as I told you Kay - you have the perfect figure to carry this off to the max.
Elizabeth made this said... (6/21/10 8:01 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress! This is such a classy pattern and the color is perfect on you!
birdmcfarland said... (6/21/10 7:59 AM) Reply
Wow. This is the kind of thing that is really inspirational. Just fabulous. And you look beautiful.
susiestitcher said... (6/21/10 7:50 AM) Reply
What a stunning dress! I absolutely love all the detailed couture touches you sewed into it. They certainly make a difference in the beautiful fit and drape of the dress. Thanks so much for all the fitting photos. It helps me see what is really necessary when making a garment -- steps that I often don't think about but which can make all the difference. Lovely, lovely, lovely!
thirteenstitches said... (6/21/10 7:34 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!!!
MNBarb said... (6/21/10 7:24 AM) Reply
Wow, beautiful work, fabric, style! Your attention to detail is amazing. The idea of making an entire muslin garment overwhelms me but, now that I see this final result, I see how essential it can be to a perfectly fitting garment.
Sharon1952 said... (6/21/10 7:21 AM) Reply
I've seen this dress in person and it's a stunner! The fabric is interesting in very sublte light play. It fit you to a T and looked delightful in motion also. Impeccable sewing and attention to detail.
Lori V said... (6/21/10 6:59 AM) Reply
Your dress is so beautiful and it looks wonderful on you.
Mazzygirl said... (6/21/10 6:06 AM) Reply
what a beautiful dress, such a gorgeoud colour (but then has anyone ever NOT loved the colour range in silk dupioni?!) - such an excellent result, you should gets lots of wear out of this.
SpinningJenny said... (6/21/10 5:53 AM) Reply
What a work of art! This looks fabulous on you - the colour and fit combine for an elegant result. Thank you Kay for the invaluable construction images.
Danvillegirl said... (6/21/10 5:19 AM) Reply
What a fantastic looking dress!!!!Very figure flattering. Excellent workmanship.
manola6176 said... (6/21/10 3:26 AM) Reply
The fitting and hand sewing are awesome and the result is fabulous You are such an example for all of us
DorothyK said... (6/21/10 0:27 AM) Reply
Stunning. Beautiful work.
Barbara V said... (6/21/10 0:26 AM) Reply
Oh so beautiful! Lovely detail work and attention to fit. I just love that color -- you look great in it!
Riordan said... (6/21/10 0:05 AM) Reply
Lovely, lovely dress!! Impeccable fit and construction. I always am in awe of your work!
Coastal Connie said... (6/20/10 11:40 PM) Reply
Wow! Simply beautiful through out the dress. I would feel very special when ever I would wear a dress so finely constructed. Nice work and thanks for the detailed review!
caelamb said... (6/20/10 11:04 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for the step by step pictures. So clear and detailed. The colour of the dress is gorgeous too!
Schnauzer said... (6/20/10 10:53 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous dress. It lookd fabulous on you!
Robin Denning said... (6/20/10 10:38 PM) Reply
May I be the first to compliment you on this beautiful dress. I am quite in awe of your ability to sew a muslin, pin out alterations, and proceed to create a perfectly fitted dress. Bravo!

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2014-113