Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5478 (Portrait Collar Jacket)

Reviewed by:elainemay

About elainemaystarstarstar
Member since: 2/4/09
Posted on:6/21/10 9:32 AM
Last Updated:6/21/10 6:24 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
Julie/Vintage_Sewer said... (6/26/10 2:02 PM) Reply
Red belt and/or pair it with blue jeans. You can carry it off!
carolynw said... (6/23/10 9:07 AM) Reply
From what I see this looks absolutely fabulous on you - I hope you don't ditch it.
Catbird said... (6/22/10 7:48 PM) Reply
Don't ditch it! This is so fantastic on you. You know best, of course, but please give this some more thought. It seems perfect for you, and you did a great job on it.
mochimo said... (6/22/10 12:18 PM) Reply
This jacket is fabulous!!! And you look great in it! It surprised me that you think this jacket is not "you" because I thought exactly the opposite. But you know better, of course :-)
Diane333 said... (6/22/10 8:17 AM) Reply
Great fit and a great attention grabbing jacket. I would keep it in my closet and buy tickets for the theater or opera etc.
Kayseri said... (6/22/10 2:27 AM) Reply
Very classy jacket, shame it's not right for you.
JillyBe said... (6/21/10 9:58 PM) Reply
OK, I understand when something just doesn't feel right, really I do, but hot damn you look good in that jacket! SO beautifully done, & great review too :)
ibbizy said... (6/21/10 8:27 PM) Reply
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lovely jacket!!!! Pure DIVA!!!!
ggexpansive said... (6/21/10 7:50 PM) Reply
i am in love with this jacket!!!!!!!! 1st off i love leopard, but add a wow collar and I'm done. to find out that it is not to difficult, what more could i ask? you look wonderfully dramatic, however i must chastise you for calling yourself a selfish seamstress when you shared such a informative review of this pattern :)
AnneMarie60 said... (6/21/10 7:22 PM) Reply
I think your jacket's gorgeous! Wear it with panache! You did a fabulous job on it.
birdmcfarland said... (6/21/10 7:01 PM) Reply
I read your blog post and no way would this suit your mom. Well, maybe it would, but it's hip, chic and stunning. I'd wear this and think I was sizzling. Love love love it.
Laurie Lou said... (6/21/10 3:11 PM) Reply
That jacket fits you to a tea!!! Looks just like it was designed for you! heee. Beautiful job and love your blog!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (6/21/10 2:06 PM) Reply
Unusual choice of color for the lining and I LOVE it! Every women needs a stunning leopard print jacket in her wardrobe.
Nancy K said... (6/21/10 1:12 PM) Reply
I love it! I agree with Peter about never having too much leopard in your wardrobe. Very elegant.
ryansmumAria said... (6/21/10 12:21 PM) Reply
omg! this is one of the most fabulous garments I have ever laid eyes on. It's not costume-like, it's art! You look fabulous in it. You are extremely talented.
RLL said... (6/21/10 10:43 AM) Reply
Costume-y.......NO. Classy and expensive looking.....YES. The fit is wonderful and you look great in it BUT....Just not you....I get that! I'm sure your mom will LOVE it.
Peter in NYC said... (6/21/10 10:17 AM) Reply
OOh, first comment! I love it (the jacket). You can't have too many outifts in leopard print duchesse satin, imo. Very glamorous.

More Knits